7 Super Lunch Box Ideas for Kids
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 19 May 2014 - 7:07 am IST
Mothers are often perturbed watching their kids come back home with the Tiffin unopened. It’s no wonder that kids today are quite hard to please. Mothers need to be innovative and keep in mind the food preference of their kids while packing the Tiffin's everyday. So, here are some amazing yet simple ideas for your kid’s lunch box which will make them wait for the recess!
1. Let the kids make their own lunch. Pack them three different bowls, one with assorted fruits, one with yoghurt and other with treats. Let him mix the three ingredients and create his very own lunch! This leaves room for choice and allows him to choose what he really wants to eat the most.
2. Drop the age old bread and choose from new varieties of buns, waffles, bagels, wraps and Multigrain breads. This will enhance his flavours and provide a respite from the age old monotony of bread
3. Using the leftovers from last night prove out to be surprising, yet great. Have some leftover chicken or pasta from last night? Add some vegetables to that and serve with some pieces of garlic bread. These prove to be wholesome and nutritious midday diet for your little one.
4. Assorted dipping enhances the taste of the food. Ensure that you add along yoghurt, tiny containers of dipping of cheese or homemade butter along with the full course of the lunch. Not only will these be enriching, they also prove to contain a great amount of nutrients and carbohydrates that a growing up child needs.
5. Innovative fillings such as mayonnaise, honey, chocolate syrup prove great and appeal to kids. When looking for the fillings in sandwiches, it is advised to use lettuce, tomato, mashed banana and potatoes, as they are natural and a great source of energy.
6. Include your child in the process of preparing his lunch. It has been proved through various experiments that kids who participate in the preparation of their Tiffin show more interest towards eating it as compared to their counterparts.
7. Add the secret ingredient in the end. A lovely note for your kids! A secret note excites the kids and lets them know that they are being always loved. The curiosity to know what's being written in the note acts as a temptation for opening their tiffin's.
So, go ahead and experiment with the above mentioned tips in order to create an interesting snack for your child!