A Moist Mouth Prevents Cavities
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 27 November 2014 - 2:33 am IST
Answer this quick! What works to protect our tooth from decay 24 x 7?
Yes, our saliva is rich in minerals, calcium and phosphorus which helps to protect our teeth against the acids produced by the bacteria and sugars. However, the concentration of saliva can become greatly depleted due to dehydration, sports activities as well as by the consumption of medications.
Here are the few DO’s and DON’TS to maintain your saliva concentration:
- Increase your water intake. Sip in plain water from time to time. This helps you to keep your mouth moist and helps to loosen the mucous.
- Try eating chewy or crunchy foods. Try sugar free gum, cheese or raw vegetables in order to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
- If you suffer from a problem, consult your dentist regarding using a saliva substitute or gel for your gums.
- Smoke; drink too much alcohol or drinking caffeinated drinks. Avoid eating spicy foods as well. These foods tend to make your mouth dry.
- Breathe through your mouth, if you can avoid it. Breathing through your mouth can cause the moisture to dry out faster than usual.
Login to Add Comment
Acnes come and go, but they leave behind the marks, which if not treated on time can cause great harm to the skin. If treated properly these acne marks tend to go with the passage of time. However,
Battling and Getting Over Depression Depression falls under the category of mood disorders. Very common these days, it has come out to be the form of chronic mental illness
No need wasting all your hard earned money on a Gym Membership anymore! With the health consciousness on an edge and everyone vying for the latest health equipment and troublesome
Pubic Lice (Crabs) Pubic Lice which are also commonly known as Crabs are tiny insects which are found in the genital area of the affected person. This kind of louse is different fro
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Triple X Syndrome