Absolute Computer Comfort
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 08 January 2015 - 9:04 am IST
In one of the recent surveys conducted by Microsoft, it was found that around 73% of the respondents name that their keyboards and their mouse were the things that they touched the most throughout the day. Almost half of the respondents said that they experienced discomfort in using their computers. If you spend most of your day in front of your computer, try using some of these ways in order to make yourself more comfortable:
- Try adjusting your chair so that your feet touch the ground firmly and are not left hanging in the mid air.
- Set your Keyboard at the height of your elbow. Often, people experience most discomfort in their shoulders or their neck as compared to their hands or their wrists. If your work desk is too high for you, you tend to hold up your arms up over the desk. This results in an extra load on your shoulders, straining them.
- Avoid extreme reaches: If your mouse is too far away, your shoulder tends to be rotated when you use it.
- Look out for products which have been designed for comfort such as a padded wrist rest or a mouse that fits down in your relaxed posture of the hand.
- Don’t ignore any minor discomfort. Any minor misalignment can add up to a future problem.