Amazing Neem Oil Uses & Benefits for Skin, Hair & Health
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 03 July 2015 - 6:57 am IST
Neem Oil provides an effective treatment option for damaged skin and hair. The anti bacterial formula of Neem Oil makes it an amazing soother for the skin as well as the hair. Here are some of the major benefits of Neem Oil for your skin and hair:
1) Protects Skin from Aging:
Neem Oil contains a high level of antioxidants which protects the skin from environmental damage. It also contains carotenoids which defend the skin against the free radicals which speed up the aging process. Neem Oil also contains essential acids and Vitamins which improve the elasticity of the skin. It smoothens the wrinkles and the fine lines from the skin.
2) Fights against Acne:
Neem Oil is quite beneficial for people battling from acne prone skin. It helps to clear up the pimples and removes the bacteria which lead to the break outs. Neem oil also helps to reduce the redness and inflammation and prevents scarring caused due to pimples.
3) Relieves Symptoms of Eczema:
Since Neem Oil is quite high in Vitamin E and Fatty Acids, it penetrates the outside layer of the skin, forming a barrier and preventing the loss of moisture. It also reduces inflammation and soothes the irritation caused due to Eczema. The antiseptic properties of Neem Oil also keep infections at bay.
4) Removes Dryness:
Neem Oil works as an effective skin conditioner. It helps to moisturize the skin deeply and also repairs the skin dryness. This is one of the major reasons why Neem Oil is used in dryness repair products. It helps to provide your skin with a fine toning which is free of cracks as well as freckles.
5) Removes any pigmentation:
Neem Oil is also used as a pigmentation killer. It imparts a fair glow to the skin and slows down the production of melanin in the skin. It also reduces pigmentation and hampers the excessive production of melanin in the skin.
6) Promotes Healthy Hair:
With a weekly application of Neem Oil to hair, a healthier scalp and healthy hair can be obtained. It is recommended to massage the oil well onto the scalp and to leave it overnight in order to gain the best results.
7) Fights against Dandruff:
Neem Oil is a recommended and well known natural cure for dandruff and dry hair. A lot of dandruff shampoos use Neem Oil as its major ingredients. Neem Oil helps to improve the health of the scalp and keeps the PH level of the scalp as natural. It is also used against conditions such as Itchy Scalp and Psoriasis. With a regular application of Neem Oil, regular thinning of the hair can be prevented as the oil promotes the growth and strengthening of the hair from the roots.
8) Treats Frizzy Hair:
Neem Oil is also used to treat rough and frizzy hair. Adding a few drops of the oil to your shampoo can provide your hair with a natural shine. It also works as a hair conditioning product by providing your hair with smooth and hydrated finish.
9) Treats Hair Lice:
Neem Oil is one of the most trusted ways to remove Hair Lice. The use of other chemical products in the removal of hair lice can lead to undesired side effects. It is recommended to apply Neem oil overnight and to comb the hair with a nit comb in order to remove the lice in the morning. It is well recommended as Neem oil has no side effects and does not lead to any allergic reaction.
10) Promotes the growth of hair:
Neem oil is also known to increase the growth of hair. It can be used in order to counter the effects of hair thinning which could have been caused due to stress, medication or pollution. Neem Oil is also known to promote the growth of hair and also improves the quality of your hair at the same time.
General Benefits of Neem Oil:
Here are some major general health benefits of using Neem Oil:
- Anti septic Properties: A lot of dental care products such as toothpastes, mouth washes and rinse use Neem oil as an antiseptic in them in order to keep the teeth and the gums healthy and free from infections.
- Making Medicines: Neem Oil is also used in preparing medicines to treat diabetes, arthritis, blood disorders and digestive problems.
- Preparing Cosmetics: Skin care companies often use Neem Oil in order to prepare cosmetics. The oil is also used in making products for aromatherapy.
- Pet Care Products: Neem Oil is also effective in preparing pet care products. The oil is used to deter the ticks and fleas which live in the skin of the pets. Neem oil can kill the ticks and lice in the pets.
- Bug Repellants: Neem oil is quite effective in making bug repellants for garden bugs such as caterpillars, nematodes, locusts as well as mites.
- Prevents Mosquito Breeding: Neem oil can also be used to prevent the breeding of the mosquitoes. When sprayed over a water body, it can discourage the breeding of the mosquitoes to a great extent.
- Treats Wounds: The oil can also be used to treat minor cuts and wounds. Mixing the oil along with the Vaseline can be used in a proportion of 1:5 in order to treat wounds.
Neem Oil is one of the best things that you can lay your hands on. If you are suffering from any problems related to your hair, i think that Neem Oil is the one which you should be relying on. It has great properties and almost no side effects. The oil is just amazing for your hair. I did not know about the skin benefits, but would love to experiment.
Neem Oil has worked wonders for my hair. Not only have I been able to get rid of the problem of falling hair and weak brittle split ends, but after using Neem Oil, I have been able to get rid of all these problems once for all. I would certainly recommend this oil to everuone. Nice article.
Neem is pretty amazing stuff with a variety of potential uses. Its an excellent moisturizer, high in Vitamin E and fatty acids, soothing dry, cracked or otherwise stressed and damaged
skin. Unlike petroleum based moisturizers, neem oil actually restores the skin's natural elasticity. Now combine that with the medicinal properties we know from herbs like aloe and tea tree: antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties reduce the swelling and redness of conditions like acne and rosacea, it can lighten scars and pigmentation, if the skin problem is due to some infection, fungus or parasite, neem deals with that as well.
The Oil is intense, and have been using it for 3 weeks. It takes a little getting used to the smell, but after that it seems to be clearing up several skin matters I have been contending with.