Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 June 2015 - 5:19 pm IST
Pregnancy tends to bring a lot of cravings amongst women. In case you are expecting, it makes you to crave for different kinds of foods with varied tastes. Guavas tend to take a special place for women who are expecting. Expert Gynecologists have nodded and provided their due consent towards consuming it when you are pregnant. Some of the reasons why you should be consuming the fruit are as follows:
- Rich Source of Vitamins: Guava is an excellent source of Vitamin B,C, B2 and E! It also contains copper, calcium, Thiamine, Potassium, Manganese and Phosphorus!
- Great Source of Ascorbic & Folic Acid: Guava is also a rich source of Folic and Ascorbic Acid. Micronutrients such as Folic Acid are known to be great for your circulatory system. Consumption of these nutrients also make your baby immune from neurological and cardiological risks.
- Source of Lycopene Pigment: Guava is also a great source of Lycopene – a pigment which is known to provide the pulp with its great color. Lycopene is known to decrease the risk of your baby developing a pre cancerous growth.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Guava is known to keep your blood sugar levels normal and therefore make sure that it prevents gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
- Controls Blood Pressure: The fiber content present in Guava is also known to keep your blood pressure levels normal. During the course of your pregnancy, it is very important to keep your blood pressure levels normal in order to avoid the chances of miscarriage and premature births.
- Great source of Iron: Guavas are also known to reduce the risk of Anemia in women who are pregnant. Guava also comes loaded with many essential nutrients which keep your hemoglobin levels under check.
- Muscle and Nerve Relaxant: Guava is a rich source of Magnesium which helps to aid with the relaxation of the muscles and nerves in your body while you are expecting.
Have any questions on what food is healthy and safe in pregnancy? Ask them now to the best gynecologist in your city!