Biggest Face Washing Mistakes
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 2:17 pm IST
Washing your face may seem as the least complicated of all your beauty routine measures. However, were you aware of the fact that some common lathering habits can result in a variety of skin woes such as dryness, irritation, oiliness or acne breakouts. Here are some of the most common and biggest faces washing blunders to avoid:
- Picking the wrong product: You should be picking the right cleanser in order to remove the dirt, makeup and the grime off your face. However, the product should not be stripping off your skin the natural oils or the healthy cells. Find a product which is neither too gentle nor too harsh.
- Overdoing it: Washing your face once or twice a day is a good protocol to follow. However, any more number of times can lead to an overproduction of oil. If you are not wearing any makeup, sunscreen or don’t sweat too excessively, skip the cleanser at night and try washing your face with tepid water.
- Exfoliating too much: Exfoliation is a healthy practice in order to slough off all the dead skin cells. But moderation is the key to follow here. Cool it off when it comes to grainy exfoliates and stick to exfoliating two or three times a week at the most. Use your fingers in place of a washcloth in order to exfoliate and to prevent pulling or tugging off the skin.
- Not rinsing adequately: Skimping when it comes to rinsing can lead to the buildup of the residue over the skin which can clog your pores and can dry out the skin. It is recommended to rinse thoroughly. The jaw line, hairline and the nose are some of the most neglected spaces which should be rinsed off properly.
- Towel rubbing: It is always recommended to pat and not to rub. Though rubbing can feel really good, it can lead to the tugging off the skin and can put the elastin of your skin at risk. Use a clean and soft towel to blot down your face dry and clean.
- Moisturizing: In order to maximize the absorption and to seal in the moisture within the skin, it is recommended to apply the moisturizers immediately after cleansing while the skin is still damp. The same applies when it comes to serums. If you are waiting until your skin is dry in order to apply the moisturizer, it only makes your skin dry and will make it quite harder for the active ingredients to sink into your skin. It can also make your skin feel greasy and tacky.
- Fearing Oils: Oils are often considered to be the skin’s pore clogging agents. However, experts agree that all skin types can benefit from cleansing with oil, even the ones which are prone to blemishes. The right oils are known to clean off your pores from all the dirt and the bacteria. Look out for cleansing products which are rich in natural and plant based oils. You can also try using almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grape seed oil and sunflower oil for your skin. Simply massage the oil all over your face and then wipe it off with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
Login to Add Comment
Symptoms of Eating Disorder Do you suspect that your child is suffering from an Eating Disorder? In recent times various studies have confirmed that Bulimia and Anorexia ha
Anaemia - Overview Anemia has widely emerged out to be known as the condition in which the human body comes to lack the RBC’s (Red Blood Cells), thereby decreasing the amount of hem
Zollinger- Ellison Syndrome: Basic Overview Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome is a very complex condition which leads to the creation of either one or many tumours inside the pancreas and the up
Breast Cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women all over the world. The possibility of every one in eight women of developing the cancer puts every woman under the sc
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss