Common Side Effects of Birth Control
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:54 pm IST
Hormone based birth control pills are the most common contraceptives used all over the world. However, the side effects of these pills can range either from slightly annoying ones to bad ones which can make you twitch. Take a look at the most common side effect of birth control:
- Is it your chosen Birth control: Hormone based birth controls often come with a lot of side effects which can cause a negative impact on your overall wellbeing. You may not know if you body can tolerate it until you have given it a couple of tries.
- Headaches, Dizziness and Tenderness of the Breasts: These are some of the most common side effects of hormone based pills. However, these side effects seem to go away when you have been taking the pill for quite some time. If these problems do not subside, try switching to different brands of the pills.
- Nausea: This side effect tends to go away in a couple of months on its own. If it does not, while you are using an oral contraceptive, try taking it along with your food. If you are using the ring or the patch, you may need to switch to other methods.
- Excessive Bleeding: This is one side effect which drives women crazier as compared to any other method. Taking the pill at the same time when you do everyday can help you out. The bleeding is a major side effect which occurs when you are using mini pill, shots or implants.
- Decreased Libido: Trying a different formulation can often help you to get away with this side effect. For some women if you change the pill which you are currently using can help them get back their previous libido drive.
- Mood Swings: Women can often experience depression by sticking to one pill. All the hormone methods are going to cause the same problem. For some patients who try to stick to one pill only, an antidepressant can also help to get rid of the mood swings.
Login to Add Comment
Cervical Cancer has been growing extremely since the last couple of decades all over the world. Hailed one of the most dangerous kinds of cancer affected women after breast cancer, it has claimed a
Ringworm Infection And Ways To Prevent It Ringworm is commonly known as a skin infection which is caused due to a fungus. Often, when a person suffers from a ringworm infection, then they
Lupus – Basic Overview Lupus is known to be a chronic inflammatory disease which tends to occur when the immune system of the affected person starts attacking its own tissues and or
Diabetes is known to be a disease which hampers our chances to choose from a variety of food items. People suffering from Diabetes often complain of the narrow choices that they have while choosing
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts