Dieting Without Being Hungry
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 1:01 am IST
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger!
Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting, it is better to indulge yourself into low density foods which can fill you up with a small amount of calories. Foods that are rich in water and fibre qualify for low density foods.
Easy Tips for Dieting without being hungry:
- Stocking up on Vegetables: Eat plenty of vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce, leafy vegetables, melons and onions. If you don’t like to consume them raw, add them to soups, stews, sauces or pasta! Since vegetables are rich in nutrients and low in calories, they provide you with higher satisfaction. Avoid dry foods such as biscuits, crackers and chips. Since dry foods lack water, they tend to contain high calories within small portions.
- Water : Plan your fluid intake in such a way so that half of your total fluid intake comes from plain water. Deviate from the mainstream by drinking sparkling mineral water or herbal teas. Fresh fruits and vegetables too, are rich in water!
- Indulge in Starters: Choose from garden salads and soups with low cream dressing as your starters. These can plough deep into your appetite, lowering the energy density of your main course.
- Proteins are your forte: Proteins can be easily chosen from a variety of food choices such as meats, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, beans, soya granules and grains to name a few! Proteins tend to make you feel full for a longer time duration thus limiting the amount of food that you consume!
- Whole Grains are your friends: Try to include as many whole grains as you can, into your diet chart. While choosing your variety of breads and cereals, look for the major ingredients.
Login to Add Comment
Human skin is affected by many things around us. The major factors could be genes, the daily food habits, environmental factors and the lifestyle choice. The best strategy to prevent the aging is t
Flatfeet – Basic Overview A flatfoot is a condition in which the arch on the inside of the feet is flattened which allows the entire sole of the foot to touch the floor when the per
Broccoli Broccoli – the vegetable which is not only loaded with all the essential nutrients but is also known widely because of its therapeutic properties. Broccoli c
Barley is an under rated food. A lot of people are unaware of the many health benefits of consuming Barley. Here are some of the major reasons why you should be consuming Barley:
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health