Eating Your Way into a Longer Life
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 25 February 2015 - 2:27 pm IST
Antioxidants and Aging: It is recommended to eat foods which are rich in antioxidants in order to fight against the free radicals, which are the unstable oxygen molecules that add to the aging process. Choose berries, beets and tomatoes. Add at least five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil contains monosaturated fats that are known to boost your memory. Oleocanthol, which is a natural anti-inflammatory product, is known to increase the HDL, the good cholesterol which clears off all the fat from the blood vessel walls.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best sources of antioxidants. Chose from Strawberries, blueberries and acai berries in order to fight against cancers and other degenerative diseases of the brain. Frozen berries are a rich source of Polyphenols.
- Fish: If you can, try to top off your salad with tuna or salmon, instead of chicken. Fish has also been called brain food due to the fatty acids, DHA and EPA found in it, which are responsible for the brain and the nervous system development. Eating fish one or two times in a week is also known to decrease the chances of dementia. Omega 3 fats which are found in fatty fish are also known to lower the cholesterol as well as triglycerides, easing the inflammation that leads to arthrosclerosis.
- Beans: Make sure that your add fiber rich beans to your diet, three or four times a week. Fiber helps you to fight against lower blood pressure, improved cholesterol, constipation as well as aids your digestion. Eating a high fiber diet is also known to help you lose the body weight and regulates the level of glucose in the bloodstream.
- Nuts: Nuts are packed with cholesterol free proteins and other nutrients. Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, an antioxidant which is known to protect the body from cell damage and helps to boost the immune system. Pecans are a rich source of antioxidants. The unsaturated fats found in walnuts are known to reduce the LDL and raise the levels of HDL cholesterol. However, buts are not fat free. Therefore, consume in moderation.
Login to Add Comment
Low Carb Diets are very much in trend these days. The dependency of people on these diets is increasingly greatly. However, you will be surprised to know that a few so called &lsqu
Vertigo and Dizziness - Overview Vertigo and Dizziness are known to occur when there is a conflict between the signals that are sent to the brain by the balance as well as the position se
Allergies are not fun for anyone. If they are not any fun for you, they aren’t for your dog as well. Food allergies and intolerance is caused due to a reaction to one particular ingredient in
Broccoli Broccoli – the vegetable which is not only loaded with all the essential nutrients but is also known widely because of its therapeutic properties. Broccoli c
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads