Essential Foods for Healthy Hair
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Though exercises are known to increase the blood supply to your muscles as well as your scalp, certain dietary changes are known to work wonders to make sure that you have breathtakingly beautiful hair. Here are some of the major diet changes which you should be introducing for healthy and luscious locks:
- Proteins: Adequate amounts of proteins are needed for healthy hair as it is the primary building blocks of proteins. Low quality protein can lead to weak and brittle hair. It can also lead to the loss of the color and vitality. Choose from chicken, turkey, beef, eggs and low fat dairy foods to provide your locks with the required amount of proteins.
- Iron: Lower levels of iron in the bloodstream can lead to baldness. 11 individual studies have pointed out to the relationship between iron intake and hairloss. You can choose from lean red meat, turkey, egg yolks, dried beans and dried fruit to provide your hair with the much needed Iron.
- Zinc: If you are dealing with excessive hairloss and baldness, then you need to increase your intake of Zinc. Studies have shown that this mineral can affect the levels of androgens in the bloodstream. Choose from oysters, nuts, beans, beef and lamb in order to gain the maximum zinc.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 Fatty Acids are known to support the health of the scalp and prevent dryness of the scalp and dullness of the hair. Pick up from salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, flax seeds and walnuts to fill up on these acids.
- Biotins: A lack of the adequate amount of Biotin can also lead to brittleness of your locks. This vitamin is very essential for people who long for thick hair as well as strong nails. You can choose from brown rice, legumes, lentils, eggs, Swiss chard as well as nuts to fill up on the supply of Biotin.
Login to Add Comment
Though it may be quite stylish to listen to music on a high note and it may even make you feel like dancing, however, researchers have pointed out some of the major side effects of
Discontinuing the Habit: Bed Wetting: There have been instances of children growing up to the age of seven and more, and still indulging in bed wetting. Parents are plagued and children a
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying whic
The ancient Indian adage, ‘You are what you eat’ is entirely true. The more junk you consume, the more depressed you are going to be! If you are looking for eve
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Triple X Syndrome
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin