Five Foods That Aid Pregnancy
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 12 December 2014 - 3:09 am IST
Pregnancy is a very crucial stage in every woman’s life. Therefore, if you have been trying to conceive, it is very important to keep a tab on the food choices that you make. There have been foods that have been directly connected to boosting your chances of conceiving.
So, take a look at our top picks for the to-be-moms:
- Brazil Nuts: Brazil Nuts are excellent for women who are trying to conceive. Eating six to eight Brazil Nuts everyday increases your chances of conceiving to a great extent.
- Fish: Fish, most commonly Tuna are rich in minerals and low in heavy metals. Sardines, Halibut and Shrimp come second to Tuna on your list of fishes to be chosen.
- Pork, Beef and Poultry: Meats are rich sources of proteins. Ham, Beef, Turkey and chicken should be taken in moderate amount in order to boost up your chances of conceiving.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage Cheese is another rich source of protein and calcium. Consuming a four ounce serving does the trick. However, make sure that your cheese does not contain carrageenan in it.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains, rice, oats and even corn flakes are going to boost your chances of conceiving. Rice and oatmeal are the best sources of whole grains.
The above mentioned food products are rich in Selenium, a metal linked directly to fertility. Taking an optimum amount of Selenium not only enhances your chances of conceiving but has also been known to fight against cancer.