Foods to Dig When You're Diabetic
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:30 pm IST
Diabetes is known to be a disease which hampers our chances to choose from a variety of food items. People suffering from Diabetes often complain of the narrow choices that they have while choosing their optimum meal! So, here are a few foods you can choose from if you are suffering from Diabetes. Not only are these foods great in taste, but are also great for your health!
- Apples: Studies have proven that eating single apple everyday cuts down your chances of blood cholesterol deposition by almost 40%! Apples also provide your body with the much needed dose of antioxidants which help to deal with diabetes. Consuming five or more apples in a week is known to decrease the risk of Type 2 Diabetes by 23%.
- Beans: Beans are a super food not to be missed when it comes to Diabetes. Since they are high in fiber, consuming a cup of beans per day is known to control the blood sugar level. Consuming beans everyday cuts down your risk of stroke by almost 7%.
- Blueberries: Berries of all kinds, but mostly blueberries are rich in flavonoids. They have a high fiber content which makes them an ideal diet choice for diabetic patients. Consuming berries is known to keep the blood sugar levels from rising.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a super food which is not to be missed if you are a diabetic patient. It is rich in antioxidants and beta carotenes. Also, Broccoli promotes healthy vision, keeps your bones and teeth strong and promotes the growth of skin tissues.
- Carrots: Carrots are a rich source of fiber and vitamins. Consuming carrots is known to prevent the development of certain cancers. Raw carrots are excellent sources to reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, if you suffer from a genetic disposition of the same.
- Pears: Pears are packed in Potassium and Fiber. Adding them to your diet not only allows you to lower down your carbohydrate intake but also allows you to fix up your sudden hunger pangs.
- Cabbage: Cabbages have a low glycogenic index of 10 which suits people suffering from Diabetes. It is also a very rich source of Vitamin K and C.
- Spinach: Spinach is a well known super food! Latest research has suggested that green, leafy and fresh spinach are low in calories and carbohydrate content. If you are a diabetic, Spinach is something which you should eat daily and freely.
- Water: Water is known to mobilize the high sugar content in the bloodstream and therefore helps in preventing any aggravation. It is recommended to drink almost 2.5 liters of water every day as it lowers the chances of cardiovascular as well as diabetic ailments.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is a proven miracle for a variety of ailments. Consuming a cup of unsweetened green tea everyday helps the body to get rid of the radicals and activates the antioxidants in order to normalize the blood sugar level. This helps to reduce the risk of diabetes.
Login to Add Comment
Does your skin look dull and lifeless despite using the best moisturizers and serums in the market? Well, the problem could be pollution, dirt and grime making your skin dry and dull. To have radia
Are you feeling sad? Does “feeling sad” sound like an understatement? There are times when nothing seems to be going right in your life and sadness engulfs you.Whether it is work relate
Scalp Psoriasis - Overview Scalp Psoriasis is one of the most common skin disorders which go out to affect the scalp of the person. This leads to the creation of raised, reddish as well a
Massages have been held famous for the relaxation that they bring! However, there is much more to massages than mere relaxation! Take a look at some of the famous massages and thei
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Eating rice won't make you fat