Getting Over The Holiday Stress
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 01 January 2015 - 5:03 am IST
Happy New Year! Now that the New Year 2015 has dawned upon us and we are nearing the end of the festive holiday season, it is time to get back to our normal, hectic life. And a recent study has suggested that women are known to stress more and enjoy themselves less during the festive season. And why not? With the pressure of the workplace and the social life, coupled with the duties towards their families, it all falls back on the woman to manage.
So, take a look at some of our most amazing tips to get rid of the stress in this festive season and to have fun in everything that you do.
- You need not do everything yourself: Women need to understand and grasp the gravity of this fact. They have to learn to delegate the right task to the right person and then oversee it. It is not necessary for the woman to be involved in everything which goes around her. Though the temptation to do everything might be very strong, it is equally important to make sure that you don’t over work and over stress yourself.
- Go for pretty, not perfect: So, you were going to throw a party and wanted everything to be perfect? Yes, we totally get that, but it can be very tiring to live up to the people’s expectations every single time. So, throw a party, make sure that everything looks good, but try not to concentrate too much on making everything perfect. Remember, that you are not going to be awarded with an Oscar after the party. So, leave the perfect to the next party.
- Get a Routine Going: Holiday seasons often leave the women to a lot of planning, fixing and shopping which can get them drained very easily. Though there may be a lot of plans, make sure that you fix up a routine for yourself and then work according to that. This way, you will be able to manage everything perfectly well.
- Vent the stress out: Finding a vent out to all your stress is very important in order to make sure that you keep your sanity in check. With all the negative emotions and the stress around you, make sure that you take out some time to talk to a friend or to read a book by yourself at night. These are going to help you in order to calm down your nerves and find a bit of indulgence for yourself.
- Find sometime for yourself: It is very important to look for some time to spend with yourself. Make it a point to do something which makes you happy and contented. No matter what it takes to get there, do it and make sure that you see through it well.