Getting The Home Work Blues?
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 07 January 2015 - 6:09 am IST
More and more people are working from home these days. However, research from two major British Universities have shown that people who work from home are at least as prone to stress as the other regular office staff. They are prone to loneliness, loss of concentration, irritability as well as sleep problems along with many other potential health hazards.
Here are some of the major ideas from the experts for the people who work from home:
- Make sure that you keep regular email contact with all your other colleagues. Try to be a part of the loop and send your boss and email report of your work if they like so.
- If you are self employed and working from home, consider sharing your office space with others.
- Try building contacts at networking events with the people who belong to the same field as you do.
- Make a point to go out for lunch break in the afternoon and try going for an evening walk once you have completed your day’s work.
- Get to know the people who are around you even when you are working. It helps to bust off the pent up stress.
- Draw a clear line between your home life and your work life. Try dressing up for work, keep fixed hours for work and ignore the household jobs while you are working through the day. Try walking or commuting during the morning or the evening, even if it is to take your dog out for a walk.