Go Green, Trim Your Waste
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 23 December 2014 - 1:21 pm IST
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our environment adversely. Therefore, look carefully in order to see how each of us wastes so much food. In order to reduce the amount of food wasted, take a look at these top five tips to prevent wastage:
- Smart Shopping: It is recommended to plan a week’s worth of dinners and to make a detailed shopping list in order to prevent any chances of overbuying. You should also try to leave a few nights free for the leftovers. Stick to your initial list and then be honest with yourself by not buying any product which can go unused or wasted.
- If it’s in sight, it’s all right: Keeping your food visible tends to work wonders in most of the cases. This means that you will be avoiding the cluttered fridge and cabinets where the eatables tend to be pushed back. Put the newer groceries on the backside and the older ones in the front.
- Avoid the portion distortion: It is recommended to not dish out too much. It’s very easy and takes seconds but we don’t tend to save what is left on the plate. Beware of the fact that today’s big plates tend to make a reasonable amount of food to look tiny.
- Love the leftovers: It is very easy to store your leftovers in the fridge; however it is very difficult to consume them the next day. Yesterday’s leftovers can make excellent lunches and they can also save you time and money.
- Expiration Exasperation: Trust your basic senses before you rely on the packaging date on the back of the food products. Sell by dates are often aimed at the retailers and they often tend to leave about a week for the customers to enjoy the item at home. Also, best by is less stringent than use by!
Login to Add Comment
Late night partying with friends and had a little too much to drink? Well, waking up the morning after could mean coping with a horrible hangover. If you are experiencing headache, dry mouth, drows
Diverticulitis: Basic Overview Though very rarely known, Diverticulahappens to be small and bulging pouches which are found in the inner lining of
Menopause – Basic Overview Menopause is defined as the occurring 12 months after the last menstrual period of a woman which marks the end of the menstrual cycles. In most women, men
Breast Cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women all over the world. The possibility of every one in eight women of developing the cancer puts every woman under the sc
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women