How To Make A Great First Impression
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 25 August 2014 - 12:39 am IST
Okay, so you are going to meet someone for the first time and are slightly confused as to how to make a striking first impact on them! Impressing someone is not at all difficult, provided that you know the ways to make a special first impact. So, follow these below mentioned tips and you will be good to go!
- Quit the conversational self-absorption: in order to make a good first impression, it is very important to feel indulged in what the other person has to say. No doubt, you should be sharing impressive and important things about yourself, but that should not be the central idea. Make sure to indulge the other person in your conversation and insure that you stay away from bragging. Encourage mutual conversations and respond genuinely to the questions that are being brought up.
- Keeping Anxiousness at Bay: Though it is the first meeting, focus on the other person and what they have to say. Take the pressure lid off and learn to relax. Avoid the usual interrogation, no matter how much you would like to probe. In case you are quite anxious, make sure that you avoid habits such as nail biting and twitching of the legs. Speak slowly and calmly as speaking fast is a sure sign of nervousness.
- Bring ahead a sunny disposition: Being Yourself is the best and the most common advise that people may be offering you, but sometimes, it is best to put on a sunny mood. Being cheerful and getting to know the other person is the best thing that you could be doing.
- Watch the Body Language: When you are meeting a stranger for the first time, your body language may be reflecting what you might not be saying. Focus on making sure that you make a good amount of eye contact. Smile often and watch your posture. Sometimes, the body language can make all the difference in the world.
- Avoid Flattery: There is no doubt in the fact that people love flattery. Though they may suspect that you are flattering, they still like it. However, make sure that you flatter in a judicious way. Flatter the other person for their accomplishments or their achievements, but avoid going over the top with the flattery.
- Get in Sync with yourself: Make sure that your overall personality is in sync. Take care of your posture, voice, words as well as the gestures. People tend to be attracted to people just like they are! So, speak sparingly and reply to what the other person has to speak. Notice good things about the other person and try to ignore some of the things that you do not like at the first instance.
The key to making the best first impression is all within you!
Login to Add Comment
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Vulvodynia – Basic Overview Vulvodynia is a chronic condition around the vaginal or the vulvar region. There is no identifiable cause for this condition. This pain is often accompan
A large number of people all over the world presume that CT Scans, one of the major diagnostic tools available to us, is safe. If you are one of those people, read this: A st
If you have seen George Clooney travel in the movie up in the Air, I am sure that you too, would be longing for that ultra cool way of travelling, without being ruffled by the jet lag, motion sickn
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Headaches and Migraines
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair