More of this, Less of that
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 December 2014 - 10:48 pm IST
Derived from research studies all over the world, here are some additions and subtractions for a healthier lifestyle.
- Whole Wheat Bread: Consuming a diet rich in high fiber food is beneficial for the body. Fiber protects the body not only from heart disease but also from respiratory infections. A research study conducted on more than 40,000 people has proved that people consuming a high fiber rich diet are 22% less likely to die as compared to their counterparts.
- Berries: Eating a rich amount of berries helps to cut down the risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease. Choose from your own pick of berries – Gogi Berries, Raspberries or Blackberries.
- Zinc Rich Foods: Zinc rich diet is known to work against common colds. It has been proved that the duration of cold can be lessened by two days if a patient starts taking lozenges or syrup within the first 24 hours of the cold. However, the daily dosage of zinc should not exceed more than 160 mg per day.
- Irritation due to Hot Flashes: Though hot flashes can be irritating, a recent study has suggested that hot flashes and accompanying night sweats are a signal of growing heart disease and stroke.
- PSA Score Worries: High levels of PSA (Prostrate Specific Antigens) can be a sure shot sign of Prostate Cancer. A recent study has suggested that rapid rise in the PSA Levels does not always indicate Prostate Cancer.
- Sugared Soft Drinks: Everyone knows that soft drinks are not a good option. They contain oodles of sugar without any nutrition level. Soda is known to raise the blood pressure and give rise to heart related conditions.
Login to Add Comment
The stats and recent studies conducted by universities all over the world conclude that the basic reason for the occurrence of ulcers in the small intestine and the stomach could be the impending s
Overpowering Pelvic Pain Pelvic Pain is the one which affects the lowest part of the abdomen and the pelvis. In women, Pelvic Pain can refer to the onset of the symptoms which arise from
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a condition which affects the large intestine (Colon) of the affected people. Cramping, abdominal pains, constipatio
Contrary to what you’ve always heard, we are going to be busting some myths regarding your Calcium intake and your daily intake of this essential mineral. What you’ve al
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects