More of this, Less of that
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 December 2014 - 10:48 pm IST
Derived from research studies all over the world, here are some additions and subtractions for a healthier lifestyle.
- Whole Wheat Bread: Consuming a diet rich in high fiber food is beneficial for the body. Fiber protects the body not only from heart disease but also from respiratory infections. A research study conducted on more than 40,000 people has proved that people consuming a high fiber rich diet are 22% less likely to die as compared to their counterparts.
- Berries: Eating a rich amount of berries helps to cut down the risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease. Choose from your own pick of berries – Gogi Berries, Raspberries or Blackberries.
- Zinc Rich Foods: Zinc rich diet is known to work against common colds. It has been proved that the duration of cold can be lessened by two days if a patient starts taking lozenges or syrup within the first 24 hours of the cold. However, the daily dosage of zinc should not exceed more than 160 mg per day.
- Irritation due to Hot Flashes: Though hot flashes can be irritating, a recent study has suggested that hot flashes and accompanying night sweats are a signal of growing heart disease and stroke.
- PSA Score Worries: High levels of PSA (Prostrate Specific Antigens) can be a sure shot sign of Prostate Cancer. A recent study has suggested that rapid rise in the PSA Levels does not always indicate Prostate Cancer.
- Sugared Soft Drinks: Everyone knows that soft drinks are not a good option. They contain oodles of sugar without any nutrition level. Soda is known to raise the blood pressure and give rise to heart related conditions.