Quick Tips to Quit Snoring
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:38 am IST
As children we were scared of the monsters hiding under the bed. As adults, we fear the monster of a partner who snores. Dealing with a snoring partner can be cumbersome and can cause you to lose much of your nightly sleep. It has also been proven that couples in a snoring relationship are known to have a lower marital satisfaction score.
Therefore, here are some of the simplest ways to treat snoring with homemade remedies:
- Adjust Your Position: Most people tend to sleep on their backs as compared to their sides. However, many doctors have suggested that when people sleep on their sides, their chances of snoring are almost halved. So, roll up and change your sleeping position.
- Play around with the pillows: Playing around with the pillow helps you to prevent snoring. Try resting a body pillow in between your legs as it helps to align your spine without causing any problem. Or, you can also wedge in a C shaped pregnancy pillow behind your back for more comfort.
- No to alcohol: Alcohol before bed is a complete no no. Drinking relaxes the muscles in your throat which increases your chances of snoring. Since you are more sedated once you sleep, your snoring is less likely to stir you awake and can leave your partner to suffer longer.
- Open Your Nose: In some cases, the flapping muscles in the throat are not the problem causing snoring. The problem lies with the clogged or the narrow nasal passages. If your nasal passage is clogged, use a saltwater spray in order to fix it. This spray is not only going to keep your nostrils clear, but is also going to allow in maintaining the moisture in your nose, warding away the dryness and the irritation.
- Be a Mouth Breather: People who snore while sleeping are known to puff their cheeks and exhale against a closed mouth. This can lead to snoring. If you try breathing through your mouth for most of the time, it can really help you with the snoring.
Login to Add Comment
Jetlag - Overview Jet Disorder which is commonly known as Jet Lag is a temporary sleep disorder which affects people who are prone to travelling frequently through different time zones. T
Ebola Virus – Overview Due to its destructive potential, Ebola Virus has come out to make some news all over the world these days. With its reported spread all over the world and th
Dizziness - Lightheadedness and Vertigo - Overview Dizziness is a term which has been widely used to describe a feeling of weakness and unsteadiness which is accompanied by lightness in t
Though it might be hard to believe for some, but Tequila is actually known to be quite good for your health. Leave behind the reason that it does not leave any hangover to deal with, but Tequila is
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin