Signs of Clogged Arteries
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 16 January 2015 - 4:59 am IST
If you have an artery within your heart which has been clogged, then you might be suffering from Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). This disease is generally caused due to the buildup of the cholesterol and the fats within your arteries and is also commonly known as arthrosclerosis.
Arthrosclerosis is known to interfere with the passage of the blood flow to your heart due to the narrowing of the passage, owing to the blockage. In case this condition is not treated properly, it could lead to a heart attack eventually. Here are some of the major signs of a clogged artery:
- Angina: Angina is the most common symptom for people who are suffering from CAD. In Angina, people generally undergo heavy discomfort or pain in the centre of the chest. This pain is often described as a feeling of uneasiness or aching within the chest. Chest pain can also spread to the other areas of the body eventually.
- Difficulty while breathing: In case of a blocked artery, patients can often develop a problem during breathing. They can experience a shortness of breath and can often find it very hard to climb a flight of stairs.
- Nausea: People suffering from a blocked artery often experience nausea. Along with nausea, certain other gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pains and vomiting can also occur.
- Dizziness: A blocked artery can prevent the oxygenated blood to reach to the heart and the brain. This can result in fainting, dizziness as well as loss of consciousness in some cases. Extreme weakness and anxiety can also be some of the major symptoms exhibited in people suffering from a clogged artery.
- Irregular Heartbeat: A rapid or an abnormal heartbeat is one of the major symptoms experienced by people suffering from a clogged artery. Since the heart is not able to gain the required amount of blood due to the clogging within the artery, it can result in either a rapid or a delayed, irregular heartbeat amongst patients.
Login to Add Comment
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
We all have often heard about the advertisements of food products with a low amount of cholesterol. Although we have heard a lot about cholesterol, do we really know what cholesterol is? Ch
Iron: Iron is one of the most integral minerals required by the body. Infants, teenage girls and pregnant women are most prone to suffer from Iron deficiency. Due to the deficiency of Iro
Tularemia – Basic Overview Tularemia is a very rare infectious disease which affects the skin, eyes, lymph nodes, lungs and other internal organs of the affected person. It is also
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?