Skin Conscious? Know the Foods to Avoid
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 02 January 2015 - 4:03 am IST
Often, we are aware of the foods which are bad for our body, but are we aware of the foods which are harmful to our skin and should be avoided? Take a look at the list of the foods that you should watch out for, as suggested by most reliable dermatologist!
- Excessive Salt: We all need salt in our food, but when salt is consumed excessively, it can cause the skin to become puffy and bloated. In the longer run, salt is known to ruin the texture and the elasticity of the skin.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is an ultimate powerhouse of energy but is not so good for your skin. Caffeine is known to thin and age down your skin. It also dehydrates the epidermis of the skin and causes the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles prematurely.
- Alcohol: Alcohol not only causes dehydration, but also causes the dilation of the vascular veins and the loss of the fluids from the body via the skin. This makes the skin look dry, dull and scaly.
- Processed Foods: Refined and processed foods are known to be low in fiber content and high in the glycemic index. They also contain large amount of salt and calcium. These foods affect your skin and health on many different levels. Therefore, try substituting your refined products with wholesome foods such as grains and seeds for instance.
- Sugar: Sugar not only increases your calories but also serves no purpose to your body or to your skin. It contains toxins which are known to cause acne and play around with your hormones.
Therefore, it is recommended to opt for fruits such as Papayas, Blueberries, Strawberries, Oranges as well as Kiwis in order to boost up the production of collagen in your body and to promote the blood flow throughout your capillaries. This will provide you with a radiant glow from within. Drinking up to eight glasses of water every day is also known to work wonders for your skin!
Have any more queries related to your skin? Get in touch with the most recommended dermatologist in your city now!
Login to Add Comment
Thyroid Problems and Pregnancy: The Inter relation There are many different reasons behind infertility in women. Sometimes, it can be really hard to put a finger on the issue which is cau
Understanding The Disease Behind The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is the most trending news all over social media. From celebrities to politicians to a common man
Vitamin B-12: Overview Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin. When the body has used this vitamin, then the leftover vitamins can be easily washed off from the body via urine. However, t
Most pet owners complain that the signs are not clear when their furry friends are sick. According to a recent scientific survey, a healthy pet is the one which is alert, content, and happy as well
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Headaches and Migraines