Staying Raw , Staying Healthy
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 02 June 2015 - 10:28 am IST
Cooking imparts flavour to the food, but eating the food raw provides us with the much needed nutrients that help us to stay healthy and fit. Though the choices are very limited when it comes to eating raw foods, here are few best ones which are going to guarantee you health and happiness.
- Raw Nuts: These are the powerhouse of healthy fats needed by the body. Consuming nuts help us to lower the LDL of the body and also reduces the risk of blood clotting. Nuts are also known to be the richest source of Vitamin E.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is known to fight against cancer. The plant contains Myrosinase, which is known to increase the ability of the liver to detoxify the carcinogens. People who opt for consuming broccoli steamed are able to avail only one third of the Myrosinase, as compared to the ones who consume it raw.
- Garlic: Garlic is known to produce a compound known as Allicin which protects the DNA. However, once cooked, the enzyme become inactive.
- Raw Juices: Rather than consuming the juices which come in, all bottled up, it is best to buy the fruits and vegetables and squeeze fresh juice. Fresh juice is very rich in vitamins and these vitamins are killed by the addition of preservatives. Packed juices contain a large amount of chemicals, added sugars as well as other unhealthy ingredients. Therefore, it is best to squeeze the juices right at home.
- Raw Salt: Whoever heard of raw salts? Raw mineral salts such as Himalayan, Fleur de sel and others are loaded with the essential minerals. Table Salt, which is widely consumed has been treated at a high temperature and has added chemicals and bleach.
- Raw cocoa: Cocoa contains different nutrients such as vitamins and minerals which are known to boost the production of the neurotransmitters and phyto chemicals in the body. Upon cooking, cocoa loses most of its nutrients.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are known to be richly loaded with calcium and magnesium. Also, it contains antioxidants and fibre which are much needed by the body. Therefore, it is recommended to have a chia breakfast rather than opting for the cereal for gaining a more nutritious diet.
So, by the introduction of some healthy, yet raw food products, you can gain the best of the health and nutrition.
Login to Add Comment
Human skin is affected by many things around us. The major factors could be genes, the daily food habits, environmental factors and the lifestyle choice. The best strategy to prevent the aging is t
Melanoma– Living It, Surviving It Melanoma, which is also commonly known as skin cancer is known to be an abnormal growth in the number of the skin cells. Often one of the major rea
Getting Rid Of Seasonal Allergies: A lot of people are not very excited at the prospect of Spring Season. For them, it is the season when their allergies kick in and start creating proble
India has been crowned as the Diabetes capital of the world. Therefore, take a look at the ways in order to reduce the toll of the disease, which can shorten your life span by almost 15 years. Here
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin