Ten Things That May Be Irritating Your Skin
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:42 am IST
So you thought that a bar of soap or a scented moisturizer was doing you no harm! Check out our top ten picks for the things which may be irritating your skin without your knowledge.
- Soap: Soaps are known to strip your skin off all the moisture, leaving your skin dry, irritated and itchy.
- Scents/Fragrances: Fragrances, no matter whether they are natural or synthetic are known to be the most common irritants amongst skincare products.
- Petroleum: Petroleum is one of the major ingredients of products such as moisturizers or jellies. The ironical fact is that they are used to hydrate the skin, when they have a completely opposite effect on the skin. Since Petroleum is water repellent, it is known to form an oily layer all over the skin, resulting in blocking out the moisture and trapping the dirt.
- Salt Rich Diet: This is a least known fact, but a diet rich in salt is known to cause your skin to retain more water, leading to swelling and dry skin.
- Heat: Warm weather and heat is known to cause your body to aggravate the chances of acne and chaffing. When you are exposed to heat, make sure that you drink a lot of water and load up on foods which are rich in water.
- Spicy Food: Spicy foods and hot dishes are known to raise the temperature of the body and dilate the blood vessels of the body. This may cause irritation across the skin especially for those who suffer from Rosacea.
- Fabric Softeners and Dryer Sheets: Since these products are rich in chemicals, they are one of the most common skin irritants.
- Wool: Wool, due to its coarse consistency is known to cause rashes and itches all over the skin.
- Walnut Shell Scrubs: Scrubs made from walnut shells are known to have rough edges which can wreck havoc on people who have sensitive skin.
- Alcohol based toners: Alcohol is not only known to dry out the skin, it is also known to cause frequent breakouts and increases the sensitivity of the skin.
Login to Add Comment
Winter season is finally here. So are the biting winds, hot steamy showers and sudden dips in the temperature. These can suck the life and moisture out of your skin and hair. However, we offer you
Often, we are aware of the foods which are bad for our body, but are we aware of the foods which are harmful to our skin and should be avoided? Take a look at the list of the fo
A variety of face masks are available in the market these days, which promise to make your skin look pretty and refreshing in a single day. But, were you aware that not all skin masks can work wond
This is a commonly known fact that sunscreen should be applied in order to reduce the risk of contracting skin cancer and to prevent the onset of wrinkles. However, were you aware of the fact that
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Headaches and Migraines
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin