The Anti Aching Strategy: It's all in you!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 06 January 2015 - 4:49 am IST
A recent medical research has indicated that a lifetime of improper walking can result in Osteoarthritis. So, if you know that your gait can do you harm, here are some of the best ways to fix your gait before it is too late for damage control.
- Make sure that you keep your hips at level at all times. Watch your hips while you walk by in front of a window. Are they moving up and down as they are supposed to do? Try to make sure that you level out straight, so that there is less force on your heels when you land.
- Make the best possible use of your knees. Bend down your kneed and use your quadriceps for a longer time in order to cushion your body weight as you land down.
- Use your feet as much as you can. Step on the outside of your foot. Then roll on to the inside in order to provide a shock absorption technique.
- Try floating while you are walking. In order to decrease down your pain, walk as if you are walking on clouds. In this manner, cushioned shoe inserts as well as good shoes can help you out.
- Try stepping lightly. Just the thought that you are landing more softly on your heels can help you out to make a huge difference.