Tips To Create Right Smoothie!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 02 June 2015 - 10:32 am IST
Smoothies are trending well on the global lifestyle and health charts these days. They are the best sources to provide you with the much needed energy boost and on top of that, they are loaded with vitamins and minerals. So, now the biggest challenge is how to create the best smoothie which gives you the best of minerals and flavour? So, let’s read these tips that help you make the most perfect smoothie:
- The Ingredients: Smoothies are a perfect balance of all that your body needs. So, you can add, berries, bananas, cherries, melons, pineapple when it comes to fruits. For vegetables, add cucumber, pumpkins, squash and spinach. Instead of using normal water, you can add juice, coconut milk or even nut milk!
- Adding the Proteins: Adding some protein powder to the smoothie is known to boost up its nutrient value and also provide it with a smooth texture. Make sure that you add the powder with the least amount of sugar content and no amount of artificial sweetener.
- Choose the right blender: The choice of the blender is also very essential to make the right smoothie. For older models of blender, make sure that your fruits are fresh and are not frozen. Also, seeds should be added in the end in order to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the blender. Stop the machine for some time, in between and then add some liquid before blending once again.
- Adding the Flavour: You can add some fresh herbs in order to give your smoothie an extra flavour and to make it more enticing. Herbs also give a better nutrient boost to the smoothie. Adding Basil is a good option as it is rich in Vitamin K. Chia Seeds and raspberries are another great option!
- Rainbow Smoothie: In case you are looking for a smoothie who encompasses the colours of the rainbow, then add grapefruit, watermelon, raspberries, and pomegranate and hemp seeds to your smoothie! This is going to be the best of both worlds.
- Berry Smoothies: Berries are rich in vitamins and minerals and impart a great taste to the smoothie as well. Choosing from blueberries, orange juice, rosemary and chia can make you the most amazing berry and rosemary smoothie rich in nutrients and low in calories!
Smoothies when taken in the morning, make you ready and energized for the rest of the day. They are better than the packaged and preserved juices and also have a place for innovation where you can add as many ingredients as you want! So, make this a part of your everyday regimen!