Top Questions to Ask Your Nephrologist
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 13 May 2015 - 1:13 pm IST
Kidney Diseases are affecting a lot of people all over the world. With the increasing rate of Kidney diseases amongst people all over the world, a lot of questions tend to be left unanswered. So, here are a few questions that you should never shirk from asking your Nephrologists:
- What has been the level of damage to my kidneys?
- Is my kidney functioning worsening in the coming future?
- Would I be needing any more tests?
- What is the cause behind my condition?
- Can the damage caused to my kidneys be reversed?
- What all treatment options are available to me?
- Would you recommend a special diet for me?
- How often should I have my kidney functions tested?
- How many milligrams of Sodium should I be consuming every day?
- What dietary changes should I be making into my everyday life?
- Does my high blood pressure would have any ill effects on my overall health?
- What is a better option for me – dialysis or a kidney transplant?
- What can I do in order to prolong my kidney health?
- What kinds of medications should I be avoiding?
- Can I perform exercises without exerting any pressure on my kidneys?
- Are sports dangerous for my health at this stage?
- Can my dialysis be performed at my home?