Top Questions to Ask Your Opthalmologist
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 13 May 2015 - 1:08 pm IST
It is often recommended to make a note of the questions which you propose to ask your doctor, just in case when you tend to forget them. Most people on visiting their eye doctor tend to think that their doctor knows the best. Though we do not doubt the credentials of your doctor, we are proposing the fact that there are a few questions that you should be asking your ophthalmologist in order to steer clear of any future worries.
Here are some of the most basic and general questions that you should be asking your doctor while you are out on your eye inspection visit:
- Are there any tests that you would recommend me to go out and get done?
- Are progressive lenses better than using bifocals?
- What is the condition that is affecting my eyes? How did it develop? Was it genetic?
- How is my condition going to affect my vision in the coming time?
- How good is my distance and near vision?
- Is there any difference between my two eyes?
- Would a new pair of glasses help me out?
- Would a contact lens be better suited to my needs?
- How good is my field of vision?
- Am I good to drive? Am I permitted?
- Are there any visual aids that could help me out better?
- If your vision is compromised: Can you detect the presence of Cataracts in my vision. If yes, is a surgery advised?
- How often should I be getting my eyes checked?
- Is my condition stable or would I be losing sight in the future as well?
- What foods or activities I should be abstaining from?
- What tests are recommended for me?
- How often should I be coming for a checkup in the future? Should my condition be monitored?
- What kinds of medications are recommended for me? What happens if I miss a dose of my medication in the coming future?
- What medical resources are available for me?