Top Questions to Ask Your Orthopedist
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 13 May 2015 - 1:11 pm IST
The major goal behind an orthopedic treatment is to get rid of the pain and to restore the bodily functions. While you are at your Orthopedist, you should be considering a variety of questions regarding your treatment in accordance with your age, level of physical activity and your general health. It is very important to communicate with your doctor in order to ask the questions which have been bothering you. Also, one should never hesitate to ask any questions related to the treatment. So, here are a few questions that you should be asking your doctor before you go in for your orthopedic surgery:
- Why is this specific procedure being recommended for me? Aren’t there any other alternatives available?
- What would be the benefits of this treatment in terms of the pain, functioning and the mobility? Will it be permanent or would I need to undergo any other procedure?
- What are the risks involved in this treatment?
- What are the success rates of this procedure?
- Will this treatment be able to solve my problem? Would any more surgery be needed in the coming future?
- What is the percentage of people improving from this particular treatment?
- Would any tests be needed before the procedure?
- How long is my overall recovery going to take? What would be the limitations of the procedure?
- Would I be suffering from any disability after this surgery?
- When can I get back to my everyday life after the surgery?
- What are the kinds of complications which can occur after this procedure?
- What is the post operation infection rate in my case?
- Are any follow up appointments required in my case? How regular would these be?