Tricks to Hit the Sack Sooner
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 September 2014 - 12:35 pm IST
Hit the Sack!
Have you been battling Insomnia lately? Are you encountering trouble falling asleep? There are many people who suffer from Insomnia all over the world and there are different reasons why people find it very hard to go to sleep at nights. However, there could be some tips and tricks which you can follow in order to make sure that you are able to fall asleep on time at night, sans all the distractions.
So, take a look at our top five picks which can help you hit the sack sooner:
- Muscle Relaxation Techniques: These therapies originated back in the 1920’s. They involve tightening of the muscles and then gently relaxing them. When we do this time and again, it promotes the relaxation of the muscles. Also, this exercise tends to decrease the anxiety as well as lowers the blood pressure. When this exercise is repeated every night, it can calm both your mind and your body.
- Indulging in Mindless Activities: Stress is one of the major reasons why we are not able to go to bed. If you want to go to sleep, the best option is to make sure that you indulge in a repetitive mindless task. Such mindless activity such as counting till 100, thinking about something good or thinking about your day can help you to fall asleep. It keeps your mind off the stress and lets you fall asleep.
- Keep the Cell Phone Away: Mobile phone is one of the major reasons that keep us from falling asleep. Receiving emails or sending texts, we keep our minds engaged when we have the cell phones near us. Therefore, make sure that when you go to bed; keep your mobile at a considerable distance. Also, avoid using mobile phones for your alarms.
- Breathing Exercises: Breathing exercises are known as excellent relaxation exercises, and when used correctly can be very beneficial. You must lie in a comfortable position and should relax the different parts of your body in a particular sequence. Start by inhaling and then hold in your breath for two seconds. Then, relax and let the air out. This should be done four to five times. This will make sure that you can sleep comfortably.
- Listening to Soothing Music: Music is known as the food for the soul. Therefore, make sure that you get rid of all the unnecessary noise and instead play something which is soothing. This could be the sound of the ocean waves or even thunderstorms. This music tends to calm us and therefore, helps us to fall asleep.
Once you follow all these steps, you will be able to go to bed easily and will be able to keep your sleeping habits in sync.
Login to Add Comment
Ask any expert all over the world about the most contributing factor towards a healthy exercise regimen, and they will be pointing out water as the major roadblock. Water is one of
Anaemia - Overview Anemia has widely emerged out to be known as the condition in which the human body comes to lack the RBC’s (Red Blood Cells), thereby decreasing the amount of hem
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - Overview Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) has emerged to be one of the most common hormone disorders in women all over the world. The name of the diseas
With the change in the weather, the changes in our health are evident as well. Winters can often be very cruel for women. Changes can range from physical to psychological and can aff
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar