Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 30 December 2015 - 2:58 am IST
Breast Cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women all over the world. The possibility of every one in eight women of developing the cancer puts every woman under the scanner for the disease. As common as the cancer is, it is equally simple to avoid the cancer and to stay healthy. Some simple lifestyle changes and habits can help you to stay away from the chances of developing this deadly disease.
- Nutritious Diet: Try to include as many fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds into your everyday diet as you can. This allows you to gain the recommended level of Phytochemicals needed by your body. Phytochemicals help to fight against tumor formation and also help to detoxify against the carcinogens. Try adding a fruit to your breakfast, a salad to your lunch as well as try snacking between meals. Also try reducing your intake of red meat to 2-3 servings per week.
- Staying Active: The best way to start is by going in for 30 minutes of walk for six days a week in order to reduce your level of stress and to boost your body’s immunity and metabolism naturally. It is very crucial to maintain a healthy body weight as being overweight tends to put you in an increased risk of developing the cancer.
- Quit Smoking: If you are a smoker, quit now. Smoking increases your chances of developing Breast cancer drastically. Therefore, quit smoking to stay safe. Even indulging in passive smoking is known to play a major role in developing the chances of cancer. So, steer clear of smoking.
- Watch your drinking: Alcohol is known to boost your levels of Estrogen in the bloodstream which tends to increase your risk of developing Breast Cancer by almost 10-12%. Therefore, watch what and how much you drink. Try eating foods which are rich in folate as it tends to cut down the risk of developing the cancer amongst women who drink regularly.
- Regular Examination: It is recommended to go in for a Mammography after every six months as a timely detection of the disease can help you to seek the correct treatment against the disease. Talk to your physician and also look for the ways of self examination at home. Examine yourself every week or month for any signs of the cancer and stay safe.
- Don’t put your pregnancy on hold: Due to the changing lifestyle and the work culture, women are putting off their pregnancies on hold for a long time. However, it is recommended to have children young. Studies have suggested that women who have had their first child before the age of 30 are known to be at a lower risk of developing breast cancer as compared to women who’ve had kids after 30 or did not have any children at all.
Login to Add Comment
Aging is inevitable. But there are a number of ways to slow down the aging process and have a beautiful and smooth skin for many years. One of the best ways to prevent aging is to follow a proper b
Everybody wants to have a flawless and dewy complexion. But, very few of us are blessed with great skin that shines with health and radiance. Uneven, patchy skin is a problem that is faced by a lot
Do you remember that famous adage which used to adorn our school walls during childhood? ‘Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’! Yes, this same
Meditation has proved one of the most famous and beneficial forms of relaxation and learning to focus. However, there are a lot of misconceptions and myths which have been associated with meditatio
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Headaches and Migraines
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar