Where are the Germs?
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 17 December 2014 - 10:34 am IST
It’s getting colder and the winters are just here. Your immunity may be going low. So, now is the right time to know how you and your family can escape disease causing germs and bugs in your own home.
Most microbes are not harmful. However, there are some nasty ones in the close vicinity of our living area. Here is where they are hiding:
- Kitchen Sponges and Dishrags: Do you know that the sponges and dishrags which we used to clean our dishes contain more germs as compared to the toilet bowl? It could be even worse! Up to 7% of sponges and dishrags contain Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which are also known as flesh eating bacteria. The fix for this solution is to sanitize your sponges by microwaving them every day. Wash your dishrags as well!
- Kitchen sinks, Toothbrush Holders and Kitchen Countertops: These places are the hotspot for the bacteria. So, make sure that you clean them properly every day. Use a diluted bleach mixture by adding one tablespoon of bleach to four cups of water in order to clean your kitchen sinks and countertops. For the toothbrush holder, wash it with hand in hot and soapy water in order to clean it completely.
- Bathroom Taps, TV Remotes, Refrigerator Handles and Doorknobs: Cold resistant viruses are known to linger for days on these surfaces. Also, flu viruses can live on these surfaces for even longer. It is recommended to disinfect and clean their surfaces daily if someone in your home is sick.
- Public Touch spots such as ATM Keypads: Researchers have found that public touch spots such as the ATM Keypads contain Staphylococcus. Though you can’t do anything about it, make sure that you clean your hands after using these surfaces with a strong and efficient hand wash.
- Shopping Carts: Researchers have been able to find traces of E. coli, a very harmful microbe on around 70% shopping carts. Packages of meat tend to leak, leaving these microbes lingering on the shopping carts. Avoid putting your babies in your shopping carts in the first place as a child’s immune system is very vulnerable. Also, avoid putting your meat on the top of your cart while shopping.
This is the time of the year when people are most susceptible to catch cold, flu or worse. Therefore, the best way to protect yourself is to wash your hands time and again. The best way to wash your hands is by using a lot of lather. Rub your hands for about 20 seconds and then rinse them well in order to stay clean and healthy.
Login to Add Comment
Need a quick energy burst, but do not know where to turn to? You need not go far away as nuts are the extreme source of energy that is easily available for your consumption. Nuts are full of protei
Osteoarthritis: Basic Overview Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis which affects millions of people all over the world. This condition occurs when the protective c
Butt Acne is a condition which affects women all over the world. How often have you run your hand along the back side to find that the skin is riddled with pimples? If you think th
Often, we are aware of the foods which are bad for our body, but are we aware of the foods which are harmful to our skin and should be avoided? Take a look at the list of the fo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads