Winterize Your Skin!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 21 November 2014 - 4:19 pm IST
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying which can be quite difficult to mask up. Cold air can dry out our skin. Overheated rooms and sweaters can worsen conditions such as dermatitis. So, take a look at our picks to winterize your skin and keep it healthy and supple.
- Opt for an exfoliating scrub every month in order to restore the natural moisture of your skin. Often we neglect going in for scrubbing which leads the dead skin cells to accumulate, masking away the natural moisture of the skin.
- While showering, rub on an exfoliation product over your skin and rinse thoroughly later on. Once this is done, apply a moisturizer in order to seal in all the moisture.
- To prevent your hands from chapping, use soap free and an alcohol free hand sanitizer. Instead, go in for a moisturizing cleanser.
- To smooth out the rough patches on the knees and the elbows, simple add honey to your hydrating scrub.
- Treat your feet right by buffing up your calluses with a pumice stone and then applying a buttery moisturizer while your feet are still damp.
- Keep your showers short, not more than 10 minutes. Long showers strip your skin of all the moisture.
- Go for soft fabrics. Pick up softer sheets and sleepwear. Blends of cotton and synthetic can prove to be very irritating to the skin.