A Moist Mouth Prevents Cavities
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 27 November 2014 - 2:33 am IST
Answer this quick! What works to protect our tooth from decay 24 x 7?
Yes, our saliva is rich in minerals, calcium and phosphorus which helps to protect our teeth against the acids produced by the bacteria and sugars. However, the concentration of saliva can become greatly depleted due to dehydration, sports activities as well as by the consumption of medications.
Here are the few DO’s and DON’TS to maintain your saliva concentration:
- Increase your water intake. Sip in plain water from time to time. This helps you to keep your mouth moist and helps to loosen the mucous.
- Try eating chewy or crunchy foods. Try sugar free gum, cheese or raw vegetables in order to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
- If you suffer from a problem, consult your dentist regarding using a saliva substitute or gel for your gums.
- Smoke; drink too much alcohol or drinking caffeinated drinks. Avoid eating spicy foods as well. These foods tend to make your mouth dry.
- Breathe through your mouth, if you can avoid it. Breathing through your mouth can cause the moisture to dry out faster than usual.
Login to Add Comment
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Urinary Incontinence & Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Overview Urinary Incontinence is an embarrassing condition in which a person loses the control of the bladder. The severity of the co
Ebola Virus – Overview Due to its destructive potential, Ebola Virus has come out to make some news all over the world these days. With its reported spread all over the world and th
Movies and real life are things which are poles apart. In movies, all it takes to enhance one’s sex drive is to light some scented candles or to slip into sexy lingerie. However, in real life
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair