A Moist Mouth Prevents Cavities
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 27 November 2014 - 2:33 am IST
Answer this quick! What works to protect our tooth from decay 24 x 7?
Yes, our saliva is rich in minerals, calcium and phosphorus which helps to protect our teeth against the acids produced by the bacteria and sugars. However, the concentration of saliva can become greatly depleted due to dehydration, sports activities as well as by the consumption of medications.
Here are the few DO’s and DON’TS to maintain your saliva concentration:
- Increase your water intake. Sip in plain water from time to time. This helps you to keep your mouth moist and helps to loosen the mucous.
- Try eating chewy or crunchy foods. Try sugar free gum, cheese or raw vegetables in order to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
- If you suffer from a problem, consult your dentist regarding using a saliva substitute or gel for your gums.
- Smoke; drink too much alcohol or drinking caffeinated drinks. Avoid eating spicy foods as well. These foods tend to make your mouth dry.
- Breathe through your mouth, if you can avoid it. Breathing through your mouth can cause the moisture to dry out faster than usual.
Login to Add Comment
Battling And Defeating Lung Cancer Lung Cancer is the one which affects lungs of the human body. Lungs are the two pairs of spongy organs in the chest which are known to help the person t
Vertigo and Dizziness - Overview Vertigo and Dizziness are known to occur when there is a conflict between the signals that are sent to the brain by the balance as well as the position se
Causes of Pyloric Stenosis: The causes behind Pyloric Stenosis are unknown. However, it has been found that genetic and environmental factors play a major role in causing this condition.
Has that time come when we are so obsessed with keeping our jobs that we are refusing to leave our desks for it? Are we so busy picking up the back work of our colleagues that we have stopped dream
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Triple X Syndrome
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Headaches and Migraines
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy