A Moist Mouth Prevents Cavities
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 27 November 2014 - 2:33 am IST
Answer this quick! What works to protect our tooth from decay 24 x 7?
Yes, our saliva is rich in minerals, calcium and phosphorus which helps to protect our teeth against the acids produced by the bacteria and sugars. However, the concentration of saliva can become greatly depleted due to dehydration, sports activities as well as by the consumption of medications.
Here are the few DO’s and DON’TS to maintain your saliva concentration:
- Increase your water intake. Sip in plain water from time to time. This helps you to keep your mouth moist and helps to loosen the mucous.
- Try eating chewy or crunchy foods. Try sugar free gum, cheese or raw vegetables in order to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
- If you suffer from a problem, consult your dentist regarding using a saliva substitute or gel for your gums.
- Smoke; drink too much alcohol or drinking caffeinated drinks. Avoid eating spicy foods as well. These foods tend to make your mouth dry.
- Breathe through your mouth, if you can avoid it. Breathing through your mouth can cause the moisture to dry out faster than usual.
Login to Add Comment
Battling And Defeating Lung Cancer Lung Cancer is the one which affects lungs of the human body. Lungs are the two pairs of spongy organs in the chest which are known to help the person t
Food Poisoning And Dealing With It Food Poisoning is also known as an illness which is caused with the contamination of food with microbes which induces the infirmity in
Vitamin B1 : Overview Vitamin B1, which is also known commonly as Thiamin, is known as a kind of B- complex vitamin. Commonly, Vitamin B1 is found in all variety of foods in adequate amou
You might have seen people around you remark as to how well meditation is treating them and how well they are able to concentrate after meditation. Many beginners find it very hard to start meditat
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms