Acne Scars and Dark Spots: Its Root Cause and Treatment
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 06 December 2016 - 12:27 pm IST
Acne marks and scars is not a new thing for teenagers and adults. As you step into the puberty stage, acne and pimples find their way to affect your young and beautiful skin. First of all, you should know the difference between a pimple and an acne mark. When you get away with the pimple or acne, it leaves behind a dark spot called acne mark, which further becomes a milestone to heal. Once in a lifetime, you will come across this situation where you have to deal with the oily sebum-filled acnes on your face. In this blog, we have discussed about some effective ways to remove these marks and scars and the root cause of their eruption.
Causes of acne scars
Acne scars or marks are also called post-inflammatory pigmentary alteration scientifically. As its alternate name suggests, these marks are formed due to inflammation and abnormal pigmentation of the skin cells. On popping out a pimple, your pores are opened up and as they come back to closure, there is a change in tone and texture of your skin. This change is caused due to pigmentation of skin cells which differentiates the area with your normal complexion. Often, while popping out a pimple or acne, you break blood vessels that turn the skin reddish or purple. The broken blood vessels might also contribute in formation of dark scars.
Some of the secondary causes of acne marks include:
- An aggressive blemish that leaves a permanent mark
- Destruction of normal or fibrous skin tissue
- Severe acne damage turns to a wound
- Hyper pigmentation of skin cells
- Production of excessive tissue or very little skin tissue
- Excessive inflammation of open skin pores
- Some genetic factors
Acne marks treatment
Dermatologists provide effective treatments for acne marks removal as over-the-counter products do not always prove to be helpful. Some of the offered solutions for acne marks include:
- Steroid injections – A stress pimple requires an immediate attention of your dermatologist. He will treat the issue with steroid shots which will remove the pimple immediately with minimum inflammation and flattened scars. It won’t affect your skin color and texture thus, ensuring no dark marks are left behind after the removal therapy.
- Laser treatment – Skin specialists use various laser therapies to help remove the acne marks and scars depending on the age of marks. A pulse-dye laser is used to minimise the reddening of acne scars whereas for an older scar, fraxel laser are preferred. The results from the therapy, particularly depends upon the number of treatments you undergo and the downtime you agree for the recovery process.
- Dermal Fillers – These fillers are used to fill out the depressions on your face. It helps reduce the marks and shadows giving your skin an even and smoother look. The content of these fillers helps improve acne scarring and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) give permanent results with its low absorbing capacity. The procedure takes around half an hour to minimise the marks and inflammation from your skin surface.
Due to genetic factors, most of the people trust on effective home remedies to remove acne scars as it becomes a daily problem for them. You should maintain a skin care routine and remember, not to touch, prick or poke the pimple. Try popping them out only when you see a white head erupting from the pimple without directly touching the acne. Hopefully, this can help you have some control over the unsightly marks and scars on your face.
Login to Add Comment
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying whic
Take a look at our all natural tips which will rejuvenate your skin, enhance its glow as well as increases the smoothness of the skin. Remove the dead skin cells by
So you thought that a bar of soap or a scented moisturizer was doing you no harm! Check out our top ten picks for the things which may be irritating your skin without your knowledge.
Life on earth is literally impossible, without the sun. The sun radiates its energy in the form of light and heat, which make it possible for every living creature to survive in this planet. Howeve
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin