Amazing Health Benefits of Brandy
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 June 2015 - 5:16 pm IST
Brandy – a drink made by distilling wine has been used throughout centuries as a medical stimulant as well as a depressant. Though some of the uses of Brandy, such as for the treatment of pneumonia have fallen out with the advancement of science, the drink still offers a wide range of health benefits due to its phytonutrients content. Consumption of Brandy in moderation is known to provide a vast range of health benefits and also helps to avoid the risks associated with excessive alcohol consumption. Here are some of the major health benefits of drinking Brandy:
- Antioxidant Properties: Brandy serves as a great source of antioxidants as the antioxidants play a major role in order to keep your free tissues in the body away from the damage which is caused by the free radicals. Free radicals are the reactive chemicals which are formed in the body when the tissues are exposed to the toxins in the environment or as a product of the cellular metabolism. Over with the passage of time, the free radical damage goes on to contribute to cellular aging as well as to chronic diseases. Therefore, consuming drinks such as Brandy which is a source of antioxidants is known to keep your tissues healthy and hale.
- Cancer Fighting Properties: Brandy is also known to offer health benefits due to the presence of ellagic acid – a phytonutrients known for its cancer fighting properties. In a study done in 2013, it has been proved that ellagic acid is known to activate the genes which prevent the growth of the ovarian cancer cells in the body. In addition to this, similar results have also been found in the case of bladder cancer cells as well. Though it is not yet known as to what extent does Brandy help in the prevention against cancer, the possibilities are endless.
- Cardio Vascular Benefits: Brandy is also known to offer a variety of Cardio vascular benefits due to it’s Polyphenols contents. An alcoholic drink, in general with Polyphenols is known to suppress the activity of the gene NF-kappaB, which plays an active role in inflammation. Due to excessive inflammation and the over activation of the gene, the probability of developing heart disease exceeds manifold. Brandy tends to have a negative effect of the NF-kappaB gene and therefore benefits your cardiovascular health in general.
- Aids in Sleeping: Brandy also contains around 40-45% alcohol by volume which is considered quite high for an alcoholic beverage. Therefore, it helps to slow down the nerve reactions and is used in many cultures to induce sleep.
- Prevents Sore Throat and Cold: Since Brandy is a rich source of antioxidants, it has been used throughout the ages to prevent sore throat and cold. Consumption of the drink is also known to help increase the overall immunity of the body, thereby reducing the chances of catching cold. The drink is often consumed by people in chilly conditions and cold areas as it helps to relax the nerves and provides a soothing and warming effect to the body.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon