Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 June 2015 - 5:16 pm IST
Gin’s major constituent are Juniper Berries which offer tremendous health benefits to whoever consumes them. The berries are often fermented in order to make this very popular drink. Gin, as a beverage is not only widely famous, but is also very good for your health. Here are some of the major reasons why Gin is good for you:
- It’s all natural: Once again, Gin is made from a natural ingredient (Juniper Berry), but besides the berry, it also consists of coriander, sage, cassia, nutmeg, rosemary and angelica root. All these natural ingredients make it one great choice.
- Health Benefits of Juniper Berries: A lot of people all around the world make Gin as their daily supplement due to the Juniper Berries. The berries are known to fight against infections (both gram negative and gram positive bacteria), renal insufficiencies, combats bad coughs as well as helps to get rid of lung congestion.
- Combats against Arthritis: The major constituents of Gin help with the loss of the tone in the tissues and the organs, as well as also goes ahead to fight against gout, joint pain as well as rheumatoid arthritis. A lot of patients consume gin soaked raisins before sleeping in order to keep their inflammation at bay.
- Gets rid of skin wrinkles: Alcohol is known to contain antioxidants, however, the juniper beans are known to aid your body in order to regenerate the cells, which in turn is known to maintain a smooth and a line free skin.
- Helps to fight against kidney and liver disease: Gin is also known to contain diuretic ingredients, which help to ease down the kidney filtration and gets rid of bad bacteria.
- Prevents Malaria: Did you know that back during the colonial times, the Britishers used to safeguard themselves against Malaria by drinking a combination of Gin and Tonic!
- Aids the Digestive System: The herbs contained in Gin are known to increase the digestive enzymes and the stomach aid secretions. These in turn, help to break down the food quickly and improve digestion.
- Fights against Cancer: The high levels of antioxidants in Gin work towards neutralizing the free radicals in the body. Free radicals are known to be carcinogenic in nature.
- Doesn’t add inches on your waist: Unlike other alcoholic beverages, Gin is the lowest on the calorific value. Since the juniper beans rev up your digestive system, there are fewer probabilities of you bloating up due to Gin or developing any kind of urinary tract infection.
Thank you for sharing this detailed and informative article. I was unaware of the fact that Gin is made from berries. It was brand new information to me. It’s all natural and should be the drink which I should be choosing on from the next time.
Gin is made from Juniper Berries? Berries? Really? Wow! I thought it was all alcohol! Something new to learn today! Thanks for sharing.
I never knew that Gin could help to fight off aging and wrinkles! The antioxidants’ coming in handy with the Juniper beans and the alcohol does come in handy for some really serious issues. Great!
Gin helps to fight against Arthritis. This is the only thing that my grandfather used to remark when he used to make his drink every evening. He used to say that its for his health and his bones. Now I know.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health