Amazing Health Benefits of Rum
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 June 2015 - 5:14 pm IST
Rum, a tantalizing drink which comes with a rich history as well as a smooth flavour has emerged to be a timeless drink. So, here are some amazing facts about Rum which are going to make you fall in love with the drink even more.
- The first of the drinks: Rum is the first branded spirit which is known to have been ever made. Therefore, it has been around for a much longer time as compared to other alcoholic beverages.
- Medicinal Properties: Rum is known to be very rich in medicinal properties such as keeping scurvy at bay. During war, British army was known to provide its soldiers with a ration of rum. Lime was added to the drink in order to make sure that soldiers did not suffer from Scurvy.
- Nutritional Benefits and Longetivity: Rum is known to offer 230 calories per 100 grams of consumption. Therefore, it contains no known amount of carbohydrates or fats. Drinking a moderate amount of rum is known to increase the average life span of a person by 2 to 5 years.
- Healthy Heart: Rum has proved to be a great remedy for peripheral artery disease. It helps to restrict the formation of artery blockage. Rum is known to act as a blood thinner and it increases the HDL cholesterol. The chances of heart attacks too are decreased by the consumption of rum.
- Decreases Muscle Pain: Rum is known to be a great reliever for Intermittent Claudication or muscle pain. Osteoporosis is also known to remain at bay with its consumption as it tends to increase the bone mineral density.
- Preventing Common Cold: Rum contains anti microbial properties which can be commonly consumed by anyone who is suffering from common cold. Also, rum is known to provide a soothing and warming effect to the affected person.
Rum, apart from being one of the most widely consumed beverages all over the world is also very beneficial for the maintenance of one’s everyday health.
Login to Add Comment
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Chlamydia is one of the most commonly spread STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) all over the world. The infection for this disease is spread quite easily from one person to the other and often no
Constipation - Overview Constipation is one of the taboo topics that no one really wants to talk about. In case you have suffered from this problem, you know that it can come out to be ve
Tularemia – Basic Overview Tularemia is a very rare infectious disease which affects the skin, eyes, lymph nodes, lungs and other internal organs of the affected person. It is also
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects