Amazing Health Benefits of Sleeping
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 20 August 2014 - 11:44 pm IST
When someone made that rhyme, ‘Early to bed, early to rise’, they were probably thinking about the many benefits of sleeping. Yes, there are so many benefits of sleeping that one can be astonished and amazed at the same time. So, take a look why you should be sleeping more!
- Improving your memory: Yes, while you are asleep, your mind is still active and that’s the only time when your brain is strengthening and working on the practice skills that you had learnt while you were awake! So, while you are sleeping, your brain is working out to consolidate on the things which you had learnt all day long, giving you an impetus and enhancing your memory, naturally.
- A long life: The more you sleep, the lesser will be your illnesses! Sleep patterns are known to affect the quality of life that you are leading and therefore if you sleep better, then the chances of a longer life span are enhanced manifold.
- Keeping Inflammation at Bay: Inflammation stems in different kinds of diseases and conditions such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease and arthritis. Therefore, if you are getting your 7 hours of sleep every night, then your blood has a higher level of inflammation proteins as compared to your counterparts and this improves your blood pressure as well!
- Building your Creativity: A good night’s sleep is necessary in order to consolidate all your memory and makes them stronger than before. It helps your brain in order to reorganize and restructure the memories and increases your productivity.
- Sharpens your attention: due to the lack of sleep children develop symptoms for diseases such as ADHD. Therefore, sleep deprivation decreases the proactively of the kids and makes them hyperactive, impulsive and reduces their attention span as well.
- Lowering of the stress level: Getting an adequate amount of sleep is going to make sure that there is a great improvement in your cardiovascular health. Also, it can reduce the levels of stress which you are dealing with, and can help you have a better control over your life by decreasing the amount of cholesterol- which leads to heart diseases
- Avoiding Accidents: a lot of accidents take place because people are under slept. Lack of sleep can go on to affect the performance of the driver. When a person has taken insufficient amount of sleep, it could act as an obstruction towards causing accidents and affecting the lives of many people.
- Keeping Depression at Bay: Sleeping well means that a person gets to enjoy doing everything in which he indulges and avoiding irritability. When a person has taken an adequate amount of sleep, it streets him clear from the clutches of depression and therefore does not cause irritation and anxiousness.
Sleep, though very underrated, is one of the best mechanisms of the body to fight against some of the biggest challenges. Therefore, hit the pillow and get your seven hours of sleep every night!
Login to Add Comment
Split Ends: Women all over the world are known to suffer from split ends. When hair ends are exposed to the harmful chemicals, they can end up being dr
Fibroadenoma: Basic Information Fibroadenoma is a kind of a solid, non cancerous breast tumour which tends to occur basically in teenage girls or women under the age of 30 years. Fibroade
Yes, the motto has been changed from an apple a day to an olive a day. And, considering the nutritional properties of Olives, I am sure that you are going to incorporate it into your
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Headaches and Migraines
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin