Amazing Health Benefits of Whiskey
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 June 2015 - 5:16 pm IST
Whiskey has often been named as one of the best alcohols that you can drink. Not only is it well known to provide you with the least level of hangover, but it is also known to be quite good for your general health and well being. Here are some of the major health benefits of drinking whiskey:
- Helps to avoid excessive weight loss: Whiskey is known all over the world to be a low calorie drink, as compared to other cocktails and beverages. It has even been found that if you drink a tumbler of whiskey, you would be packing in less pounds as compared to other alcoholic beverages on the market shelf.
- Boosts your Heart Health: Were you aware of the fact that drinking whiskey can make your heart healthier? Yes! Apart from the conventional wine and the dark beer, whiskey is also known to reduce the risk of heart clotting and lowers your rate of stroke and heart attack as well. The antioxidants present in Whiskey are known to stop the blood cholesterol from clogging your major arteries and even boosts the production of good cholesterol in your bloodstream.
- Fights against Cancer: Whiskey is known to be one of the best sources of antioxidants; in particular ellagic acid. The antioxidant is known to prevent your body’s DNA to come in contact with the cancer causing compounds known as the carcinogens. Therefore, it goes a long way to make sure that your body does not produce any carcinogens. Whiskey is also known to protect your body from the ill effects of Chemotherapy as it reduces the oxidation of the body.
- Improves the health of your Brain: A study conducted a decade ago has proved that drinking Whiskey is also known to reduce your risk of developing brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Reduces the risk of Stroke: Whiskey not only helps to prevent the building up of the bad cholesterol along your arteries, but is also known to help get rid of any cholesterol which has accumulated along your arteries. The drink is also known to help the walls of your arteries to relax, thereby making sure that the blood can flow along with any kind of disruption. This is one of the major benefits of drinking Whiskey!
- Fights against Stress: Stress is known to cause a multitude of health problems to your body. However, consuming a glass of whiskey is known to cause your body to relax and get rid of anxiety and stress. It calms your nerves and helps your body to relax. The drink is also known to improve the circulation of the blood throughout and provides your organs with fresh and oxygenated blood at the same time.
- Boosts your memory function: The antioxidants present in Whiskey are known to improve the overall function and health of your brain. They also tend to have circulation boosting effects on your brain, which helps to improve your memory at the same time. Whiskey goes a long way to make sure that your brain is active and young!
- Aids in Digestion: Whiskey has long been used across cultures as a drink to help digest the foods! It was often consumed after a meal in order to relax the body after a heavy meal! The drink can help to shut down your appetite and can also prevent it from overeating. The drink aids your digestive process and reduces your risk of developing a stomach ache or indigestion after a heavy meal.
- Increases your Lifespan!: Yes, this is a bonus! Whiskey is well known as a storehouse of antioxidants which can increase your overall lifespan by reducing the chances of developing any kind of disease. It also helps you to slow down the breakdown of the important cells in your body, helping you to live longer in the run!
- Diabetes Compatible: Since Whiskey is a zero carb alcohol, people suffering from Diabetes can drink it without any fear or guilt. It does not have any negative effect on the blood sugar levels and if you are a diabetic, a finger or two of whiskey is not going to harm you!
Wow. This was such an engrossing read. Now I know that why drinking whiskey in moderation is not something which is absolutely harmful for my health.
Whiskey allows you to lose your body weight? Really? I have read many articles on whiskey but this was totally a new news to me. Weight loss and whiskey. I don’t feel so guilty about consuming whiskey now.
And, I was thinking that I am going to die very soon due to heart failure due to my whiskey problem! Ha! I am sure that we must be drinking in moderation, but it is actually good for our heart health? Whiskey, it is for tonight.
I was living in complete darkness before. Whiskey is quite good for our general health and well being. It has been malted quite well and is prepared after about quite a good amount of refining. Whiskey is one drink that you should not be scared of consuming. So many health benefits of this drink. I really enjoyed reading this article.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Eating rice won't make you fat