Asparagus Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:37 pm IST
Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different varieties of Asparagus which are available all over the world. The vegetable comes loaded with vitamins and minerals and also acts as a diuretic.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of Asparagus for you to fall more in love with the vegetable:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium. The vegetable is also high in beta carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Rutin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Potassium, Selenium as well as Manganese.
- Fiber: Asparagus is also very rich in dietary fiber. Around 100 gram serving of asparagus contains 2.1 grams of fiber.
Health Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus has often been called as a cleansing and healing food source. Eating asparagus is known to help control diabetes, prevent kidney stones as well as reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: It has been found that consuming Asparagus helps to control Type 2 Diabetes. Asparagus exerts certain anti diabetic effects which help to improve the insulin secretion and beta cell function within the body.
- Acts as a diuretic and prevents kidney stones: Asparagus helps to flush out the kidneys and helps in the prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of Neural Tube Defects: Asparagus contains almost half the total amount of the intake of folate. Folate helps to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Women who consume 400 micrograms of asparagus during early pregnancy are able to reduce the risk of their baby contracting neural tube defects by almost 70%
Login to Add Comment
Mothers are often perturbed watching their kids come back home with the Tiffin unopened. It’s no wonder that kids today are quite hard to please. Mothers need to be innovative and keep in min
Most women think one of the hardest thing in the world is to find the right person and start a life together. Good men are notoriously difficult to find, so it is important that you do not waste yo
Zollinger- Ellison Syndrome: Basic Overview Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome is a very complex condition which leads to the creation of either one or many tumours inside the pancreas and the up
Cantaloupe Cantaloupes run synonymous with summer picnics and family meals. They have emerged to be one of the most favorable choices of families across the world for their
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Triple X Syndrome
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?