Asparagus Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:37 pm IST
Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different varieties of Asparagus which are available all over the world. The vegetable comes loaded with vitamins and minerals and also acts as a diuretic.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of Asparagus for you to fall more in love with the vegetable:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium. The vegetable is also high in beta carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Rutin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Potassium, Selenium as well as Manganese.
- Fiber: Asparagus is also very rich in dietary fiber. Around 100 gram serving of asparagus contains 2.1 grams of fiber.
Health Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus has often been called as a cleansing and healing food source. Eating asparagus is known to help control diabetes, prevent kidney stones as well as reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: It has been found that consuming Asparagus helps to control Type 2 Diabetes. Asparagus exerts certain anti diabetic effects which help to improve the insulin secretion and beta cell function within the body.
- Acts as a diuretic and prevents kidney stones: Asparagus helps to flush out the kidneys and helps in the prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of Neural Tube Defects: Asparagus contains almost half the total amount of the intake of folate. Folate helps to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Women who consume 400 micrograms of asparagus during early pregnancy are able to reduce the risk of their baby contracting neural tube defects by almost 70%
Login to Add Comment
Sugar is sweet and tempting and if you’ve got a sweet tooth, then it can be pretty hard to be resisted. However, before you pour that another spoon into your cup of tea, here are some disturb
Chicken is one of the major key ingredients in our dog’s foods. It is an animal based protein and can help your dog to maintain its muscle structure. It is a source of protein which is known
Broccoli Broccoli – the vegetable which is not only loaded with all the essential nutrients but is also known widely because of its therapeutic properties. Broccoli c
Cucumber Cucumber which makes an active part of salads and other Mediterrean diets is consisted up to 95% water and is known to be low in its calorie content. The h
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts