Asparagus Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:37 pm IST
Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different varieties of Asparagus which are available all over the world. The vegetable comes loaded with vitamins and minerals and also acts as a diuretic.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of Asparagus for you to fall more in love with the vegetable:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium. The vegetable is also high in beta carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Rutin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Potassium, Selenium as well as Manganese.
- Fiber: Asparagus is also very rich in dietary fiber. Around 100 gram serving of asparagus contains 2.1 grams of fiber.
Health Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus has often been called as a cleansing and healing food source. Eating asparagus is known to help control diabetes, prevent kidney stones as well as reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: It has been found that consuming Asparagus helps to control Type 2 Diabetes. Asparagus exerts certain anti diabetic effects which help to improve the insulin secretion and beta cell function within the body.
- Acts as a diuretic and prevents kidney stones: Asparagus helps to flush out the kidneys and helps in the prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of Neural Tube Defects: Asparagus contains almost half the total amount of the intake of folate. Folate helps to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Women who consume 400 micrograms of asparagus during early pregnancy are able to reduce the risk of their baby contracting neural tube defects by almost 70%
Login to Add Comment
Simply can’t get rid of dark circles under the eyes? Well, fret not;it is a common problem with simple solutions. Dark circles are basically discoloration or darkness of the skin around the e
In this modern age it is very difficult to stay away from pesticides. They are all around us, from the food we eat to everyday items like soaps and cleaners. And not to forget the ha
Cataract - Overview Cataract is better known as the clouding with envelops the eye of the patient and thus causes an impairment in the vision of the person. As a person starts to age, the
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
Headaches and Migraines
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin