Asparagus Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:37 pm IST
Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different varieties of Asparagus which are available all over the world. The vegetable comes loaded with vitamins and minerals and also acts as a diuretic.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of Asparagus for you to fall more in love with the vegetable:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium. The vegetable is also high in beta carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Rutin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Potassium, Selenium as well as Manganese.
- Fiber: Asparagus is also very rich in dietary fiber. Around 100 gram serving of asparagus contains 2.1 grams of fiber.
Health Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus has often been called as a cleansing and healing food source. Eating asparagus is known to help control diabetes, prevent kidney stones as well as reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: It has been found that consuming Asparagus helps to control Type 2 Diabetes. Asparagus exerts certain anti diabetic effects which help to improve the insulin secretion and beta cell function within the body.
- Acts as a diuretic and prevents kidney stones: Asparagus helps to flush out the kidneys and helps in the prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of Neural Tube Defects: Asparagus contains almost half the total amount of the intake of folate. Folate helps to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Women who consume 400 micrograms of asparagus during early pregnancy are able to reduce the risk of their baby contracting neural tube defects by almost 70%
Login to Add Comment
Discontinuing the Habit: Bed Wetting: There have been instances of children growing up to the age of seven and more, and still indulging in bed wetting. Parents are plagued and children a
Urinary Incontinence & Overactive Bladder (OAB) - Overview Urinary Incontinence is an embarrassing condition in which a person loses the control of the bladder. The severity of the co
Yes, offices can be tiresome and boring at times. Sometimes, all you want to do is sit down at your desk and munch along on that bag of chips. Other times, coffee seems like you new best friend. Li
If you think that you are keeping your home and family safe by staying indoors and eating healthy, then you should think twice! Carcinogens are the substances which have the tendency of cau
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin