Asparagus Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:37 pm IST
Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different varieties of Asparagus which are available all over the world. The vegetable comes loaded with vitamins and minerals and also acts as a diuretic.
Here is the nutritional breakdown of Asparagus for you to fall more in love with the vegetable:
- Vitamins and Minerals: Asparagus is a rich source of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium. The vegetable is also high in beta carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Rutin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, Potassium, Selenium as well as Manganese.
- Fiber: Asparagus is also very rich in dietary fiber. Around 100 gram serving of asparagus contains 2.1 grams of fiber.
Health Benefits of Asparagus:
Asparagus has often been called as a cleansing and healing food source. Eating asparagus is known to help control diabetes, prevent kidney stones as well as reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: It has been found that consuming Asparagus helps to control Type 2 Diabetes. Asparagus exerts certain anti diabetic effects which help to improve the insulin secretion and beta cell function within the body.
- Acts as a diuretic and prevents kidney stones: Asparagus helps to flush out the kidneys and helps in the prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
- Reduces the risk of Neural Tube Defects: Asparagus contains almost half the total amount of the intake of folate. Folate helps to prevent neural tube defects in babies. Women who consume 400 micrograms of asparagus during early pregnancy are able to reduce the risk of their baby contracting neural tube defects by almost 70%
Login to Add Comment
Liver Failure - Overview Liver failure is known to be a life threatening condition in which there happens to be a severe weakening of the liver. The liver is known to be a vital organ wit
Head Lice Infestation - Overview As kids, nearly everyone has been infected with head lice at one time or the other. Head Lice are the tiny insects which feed on the blood of the human sc
Osteoarthritis: Basic Overview Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis which affects millions of people all over the world. This condition occurs when the protective c
The warning signs and symptoms of a heart attack often go unnoticed by most people. Heart attacks can often be sudden and unannounced in some cases. However, in most cases, the condition develops o
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Headaches and Migraines
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Triple X Syndrome
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon