Bad Carbs Too Can Be Good For You!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 September 2014 - 12:29 pm IST
Low Carb Diets are very much in trend these days. The dependency of people on these diets is increasingly greatly. However, you will be surprised to know that a few so called ‘bad’ carbs are actually good for you. These carbs have been black listed due to the popularity and the increasing demands of these low carb diets. Therefore, take a look at our list of the carbs which may be actually good for you in the longer run:
- Corn: Corn has been blacklisted by many diet conscious people as it is one of the major constituents of packaged and processed foods which lacks in nutrients. However, consuming corn in a real, raw and straight way has known to provide you with ample amount of fibre, Vitamin C as well as antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin. Grilling up corn, heating it up and consuming it in the form of popcorns or topping it up on salad are the best way to provide yourself with the goodness of whole grain foods.
- Bananas: Bananas are the best portable and healthy snack of nature that has been branded as bad carb. The fruit is known to be a great source of Vitamin B6, Manganese as well as Potassium and Fibre. Also, when consumed in a slightly unripe stage, it can prove to be a great source for the production of slimming resistant starch. Snacking up on bananas or adding them to your morning smoothies can prove to be some of the best ways to consume the fruit.
- Flakes and Cereals: People are known to shun their everyday bowl of morning flakes. A majority of cereals are made using whole grains; therefore, consuming cereal in the morning can prove to be one of the best ways to begin your day. However, your cereal should be consisting of whole grains followed by 3 grams of fibre and no more than 10 grams of sugar per serving.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are very good for your body. They are an excellent source of potassium and Vitamin C. Potatoes are also known to contain almost 4 grams of fibre which constitutes about 15% of your daily allowance. cut the potatoes into cubes and cook them with olive oil or rosemary and roasting them until they are crisp enough to be consumed.
- Breads: Breads are made through the process of fermentation which allows the beneficial bacteria known as probiotics to act on the bread. These bacteria cause the gluten to break down, thus making the bread a great option for gluten intolerant people. These bacteria are also known to lower the insulin response of the person and make some other nutrients available easily for the digestion.
- Green Peas: Peas have been notoriously famous for containing a high amount of sugar and carbs as compared to other non starchy vegetables. However, peas are a great source of phytonutrients and anti inflammatory and antioxidants. Coumestrol, which is another major constituent of peas, is known to protect people against stomach cancer. Consuming a cup of cooked green peas is known to boost up the fibre content of your body. Eating the peas straight up in the form of soups or salads is known to be greatly beneficial.
Therefore, make sure that you contain these food items into your everyday diet in order to increase your chances of being healthy and fit always!
Login to Add Comment
Aging is inevitable. But there are a number of ways to slow down the aging process and have a beautiful and smooth skin for many years. One of the best ways to prevent aging is to follow a proper b
On conducting a social survey on a group of middle aged married couples, going through their second innings in love, most cited the reasons for their divorce as ‘ we were you
Diverticulitis: Basic Overview Though very rarely known, Diverticulahappens to be small and bulging pouches which are found in the inner lining of
Amla is one of nature’s best gifts to humankind. It has been recommended as the number one natural practitioner and comes complete with nourishing and rejuvenation powers. So, here ar
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Triple X Syndrome
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads