Beetroot Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 4:04 pm IST
Beetroot, which is also commonly known as Beet has been gaining popularity all over the world in the past couple of years. The vegetable is known to improve athletic performance, lower the blood pressure as well as increase the blood flow throughout the body. This increased popularity of the vegetable has made it an active ingredient in juices and drinks.
A beetroot are often white in color and is commonly used for sugar extraction.
Nutritional Breakdown of Beetroot:
One cup of raw Beetroot contains the following:
Calories – 58
Carbohydrate – 13 grams
Protein – 2 grams
Beetroot is also a rich source of Folate and Manganese and also contains Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Betaine, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Selenium.
Beets are also a high source of Nitrate.
Health Benefits of Beetroots:
Some of the major health benefits of Beetroot are as follows:
- Heart Health and Blood Pressure: A recently conducted study has found that taking 500 ml of Beetroot juice is known to lower the blood pressure. The high nitrate content of Beetroot is known to be a low cost as well as an effective way to treat cardiovascular conditions and blood pressure.
- Dementia: It has been found that drinking Beetroot juice is known to improve the oxygenation process of the brain, which is crucial in slowing down the progression of Dementia. Consuming Beetroot juice is also known to improve the blood flow as well as oxygenation across the major organs of the body.
- Diabetes: Beetroots are rich in alpha lipoic acid which is known to lower the levels of glucose in the bloodstream by increasing the insulin sensitivity and prevent the oxidation in patients suffering from Diabetes.
- Digestion: Due to the high content of Beetroot, it has been known to prevent constipation and promote the regularity of the digestive system.
- Inflammation: Choline, which is found in Beetroot, is very important to help with sleep, muscle movement, learning as well as memory. Choline helps to maintain the structure of the cellular membranes, aids with the working and the transmission of the nerve impulses and assists in the absorption of fats.
- Athletic Performance: Beetroot juice is also known to improve the muscular oxygenation during exercise, increases dietary nitrate intake and also enhances the transmission of the nervous impulses.
Adding Beetroot to your Diet:
Beets can be consumed in a variety of ways. They can be roasted, steamed, boiled, pickled or consumed raw. The following are the best possible ways to incorporate Beetroot into your diet:
- Extracting the Beetroot juice and blending it with oranges, mint, apples or lemon. This can be blended and strained before consuming.
- Grate down raw Beets and add them to your favorite Salad.
- Add down roasted beets to cheese
- Slice down the beets and serve them with lemon juice.
Login to Add Comment
Smoothies are trending well on the global lifestyle and health charts these days. They are the best sources to provide you with the much needed energy boost and on top of that, the
Around 50 million people all over the world suffer from auto Immune diseases. An autoimmune disease is the one which develops when the immune system of the body, which is responsible for de
To gain naturally beautiful skin, you need not go far. Your very own kitchen is a hidden storehouse of natural products which can enhance your skin’s glow and can provide you with clean and b
Cucumber Cucumber which makes an active part of salads and other Mediterrean diets is consisted up to 95% water and is known to be low in its calorie content. The h
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar