Being Vegetarian or Vegan !
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 September 2014 - 4:26 pm IST
Going green and vegetarian is the latest trend! Not only does it include reducing the meat intake, but also helps to benefit your entire system. There are drastic changes such as the loss of excessive weight, improvement in the cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar levels. So, take a look at why you should be choosing a vegetarian diet instead:
- Losing the weight: a latest study has suggested that people who do not consume meat have an average lower level of BMI as compared to their counterparts. Also, obese people who chose a vegetarian diet are known to have lost weight comparatively sooner as compared to people who consume meats.
- Improving the Heart Health: Meats contain saturated fats which are known to raise the levels of cholesterol in the blood. The cholesterol is known to increase the risks of contracting heart disease. Therefore, when you ditch meat, you will be reducing the levels of heart disease.
- Lowering the Blood Pressure: Vegetarians are known to have less chances of hypertension as compared to meat eaters. Due to the consumption of fruits and vegetables, vegetarians tend to have lower average weight.
- Reducing the Risk for Contracting Diabetes: People choosing a vegetarian diet have lower risks of metabolic syndrome which is linked to Type 2 Diabetes. Also, vegetarians have a lower amount of blood sugar, blood pressure as well as triglyceride content in their blood.
- Dropping in the Cancer Risk: Vegan Diet consumers are known to run a very low risk of contracting cancer as compared to their meat eating counterparts. Also, vegetarians are known to lower risk of contracting gastrointestinal cancer and breast cancer.
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Vegetables are best suited for the development of a glowing skin. Eating a large amount of fresh fruits and vegetables is going to make sure that you are loaded with antioxidants which tend to neutralize the free radicals, avoiding wrinkles, blemishes and aging.
- Increase in Energy Levels: Increasing your consumption of leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, beans or other food products which are rich in nitrate content are known to help you provide you with energy. Also, nitrates are known to have abundant vascular benefits such as reduction in the blood pressure and opening up of the blood vessels.
Going vegetarian is a food choice which comes with a lot of health benefits. Though meats are known to be rich in proteins, it is recommended to go green with the above mentioned benefits at your disposal.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : Overview Riboflavin is a sub type of B Vitamin. Riboflavin is found in milk, meats, eggs, nuts as well as green vegetables. Used along with a combination of othe
Ulcerative Colitis: Basic Overview Ulcerative Colitis is an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which is known to cause a long lasting inflammation accompanied by ulcers within the digestive
One of the recent researches have been able to find that for people of age 70 and above, who struggle with a chronic illness, loneliness can often be a complicating factor. Researchers looked at 12
Chicken is one of the major key ingredients in our dog’s foods. It is an animal based protein and can help your dog to maintain its muscle structure. It is a source of protein which is known
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects