Being Vegetarian or Vegan !
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 September 2014 - 4:26 pm IST
Going green and vegetarian is the latest trend! Not only does it include reducing the meat intake, but also helps to benefit your entire system. There are drastic changes such as the loss of excessive weight, improvement in the cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar levels. So, take a look at why you should be choosing a vegetarian diet instead:
- Losing the weight: a latest study has suggested that people who do not consume meat have an average lower level of BMI as compared to their counterparts. Also, obese people who chose a vegetarian diet are known to have lost weight comparatively sooner as compared to people who consume meats.
- Improving the Heart Health: Meats contain saturated fats which are known to raise the levels of cholesterol in the blood. The cholesterol is known to increase the risks of contracting heart disease. Therefore, when you ditch meat, you will be reducing the levels of heart disease.
- Lowering the Blood Pressure: Vegetarians are known to have less chances of hypertension as compared to meat eaters. Due to the consumption of fruits and vegetables, vegetarians tend to have lower average weight.
- Reducing the Risk for Contracting Diabetes: People choosing a vegetarian diet have lower risks of metabolic syndrome which is linked to Type 2 Diabetes. Also, vegetarians have a lower amount of blood sugar, blood pressure as well as triglyceride content in their blood.
- Dropping in the Cancer Risk: Vegan Diet consumers are known to run a very low risk of contracting cancer as compared to their meat eating counterparts. Also, vegetarians are known to lower risk of contracting gastrointestinal cancer and breast cancer.
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Vegetables are best suited for the development of a glowing skin. Eating a large amount of fresh fruits and vegetables is going to make sure that you are loaded with antioxidants which tend to neutralize the free radicals, avoiding wrinkles, blemishes and aging.
- Increase in Energy Levels: Increasing your consumption of leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, beans or other food products which are rich in nitrate content are known to help you provide you with energy. Also, nitrates are known to have abundant vascular benefits such as reduction in the blood pressure and opening up of the blood vessels.
Going vegetarian is a food choice which comes with a lot of health benefits. Though meats are known to be rich in proteins, it is recommended to go green with the above mentioned benefits at your disposal.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin B5- Pantothenic Acid : Overview Vitamin B5, which is also known as Pantothenic Acid can be easily derived from both plants and animals easily. Meats, grains,
Thyroid Cancer: Basic Overview Thyroid Cancer occurs in the thyroid gland of the affected person. The Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland which is found at the base of the neck. The
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
Carrots Carrots are commonly known as the ultimate health food all over the world. These root vegetables are known to be the powerhouse of nutrients and are known for their
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Headaches and Migraines
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health