Benefits of Avocado
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Avocados might be fatty, but that does not mean that they are bad for your health!
Did you know that Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse which has numerous health benefits! With its deep, creamy texture as well as rich taste, Avocados have emerged to be one of the major ingredients for many dishes. Avocados are rich in fat content and proteins.
So, what makes the fruit so good? Let us check out the major nutritional benefits of the fruit:
- Healthy Fats: Fats are known to account to almost three quarters of the calorie count in the fruit. Most of the fats are found in the monosaturated form and in the form of oleic acid. Monosaturated fats are considered good for the body and level out the presence of the bad cholesterol in the bloodstream. They also lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Proteins: Avocados contain around 4 grams of protein which is much more as compared to other fruits.
- Sugar: Avocado’s sugar content is lower as compared to the other fruits. Half an avocado contains around 0.2 gram of sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Avocados are an excellent source of potassium and are also rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C as well as Vitamin E.
- Fiber: A medium sized avocado contains approximately around 11 grams of fiber which is around half of the daily needed dosage.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Apart from being a rich source of Protein, Vitamins and Fiber, there are many other major health benefits of Avocados. Take a look:
- Lowers the Cholesterol: Research has suggested that consuming avocados is known to lower the levels of bad cholesterol. Consuming an Avocado rich diet improves the lipid profile and decreases the level of bad cholesterol by almost 22%.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes, Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease: Avocados are known to improve the overall diet quality of the person and also reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome. So, eating an Avocado is known to decrease the risk of diabetes, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Promotes Healthy Body weight and BMI: Avocado consumption is known to lower the risk of metabolic syndrome in people all over the world. It has been proven that people who consume avocados are known to have a lower body weight and BMI.
- Prevents Cancer: Avocados are a rich source of Phytochemicals which are known to prevent the development of certain cancers.
Login to Add Comment
Obesity – Overview Obesity was earlier known to be a condition though to attack people from a higher economic index. However, in today’s world, it has proved
Phosphorus: Phosphorus, working in collaboration with Calcium roots for the formation of strong bones, teeth as well as nerve cells. Standing only second to Calcium, phosphorus is the sec
Being fashionable is great for a casual evening cocktail party, but it does not work in the corporate life! If you are going to be late every morning for work, your boss is surely
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked. Preparing their food yours
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy