Benefits of Avocado
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Avocados might be fatty, but that does not mean that they are bad for your health!
Did you know that Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse which has numerous health benefits! With its deep, creamy texture as well as rich taste, Avocados have emerged to be one of the major ingredients for many dishes. Avocados are rich in fat content and proteins.
So, what makes the fruit so good? Let us check out the major nutritional benefits of the fruit:
- Healthy Fats: Fats are known to account to almost three quarters of the calorie count in the fruit. Most of the fats are found in the monosaturated form and in the form of oleic acid. Monosaturated fats are considered good for the body and level out the presence of the bad cholesterol in the bloodstream. They also lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Proteins: Avocados contain around 4 grams of protein which is much more as compared to other fruits.
- Sugar: Avocado’s sugar content is lower as compared to the other fruits. Half an avocado contains around 0.2 gram of sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Avocados are an excellent source of potassium and are also rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C as well as Vitamin E.
- Fiber: A medium sized avocado contains approximately around 11 grams of fiber which is around half of the daily needed dosage.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Apart from being a rich source of Protein, Vitamins and Fiber, there are many other major health benefits of Avocados. Take a look:
- Lowers the Cholesterol: Research has suggested that consuming avocados is known to lower the levels of bad cholesterol. Consuming an Avocado rich diet improves the lipid profile and decreases the level of bad cholesterol by almost 22%.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes, Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease: Avocados are known to improve the overall diet quality of the person and also reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome. So, eating an Avocado is known to decrease the risk of diabetes, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Promotes Healthy Body weight and BMI: Avocado consumption is known to lower the risk of metabolic syndrome in people all over the world. It has been proven that people who consume avocados are known to have a lower body weight and BMI.
- Prevents Cancer: Avocados are a rich source of Phytochemicals which are known to prevent the development of certain cancers.
Login to Add Comment
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Cholera is known to be an infectious disease that has been known to cause severe watery diarrhoea in patients, which leads towards serious dehydration and even death in the extreme of the cases whe
Iodine: Iodine is known to help the regulation of the energy production as well as the weight growth within the body. It also goes out to promote the proper growth of hair, nails, skin an
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair