Benefits of Avocado
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Avocados might be fatty, but that does not mean that they are bad for your health!
Did you know that Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse which has numerous health benefits! With its deep, creamy texture as well as rich taste, Avocados have emerged to be one of the major ingredients for many dishes. Avocados are rich in fat content and proteins.
So, what makes the fruit so good? Let us check out the major nutritional benefits of the fruit:
- Healthy Fats: Fats are known to account to almost three quarters of the calorie count in the fruit. Most of the fats are found in the monosaturated form and in the form of oleic acid. Monosaturated fats are considered good for the body and level out the presence of the bad cholesterol in the bloodstream. They also lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Proteins: Avocados contain around 4 grams of protein which is much more as compared to other fruits.
- Sugar: Avocado’s sugar content is lower as compared to the other fruits. Half an avocado contains around 0.2 gram of sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Avocados are an excellent source of potassium and are also rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C as well as Vitamin E.
- Fiber: A medium sized avocado contains approximately around 11 grams of fiber which is around half of the daily needed dosage.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Apart from being a rich source of Protein, Vitamins and Fiber, there are many other major health benefits of Avocados. Take a look:
- Lowers the Cholesterol: Research has suggested that consuming avocados is known to lower the levels of bad cholesterol. Consuming an Avocado rich diet improves the lipid profile and decreases the level of bad cholesterol by almost 22%.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes, Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease: Avocados are known to improve the overall diet quality of the person and also reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome. So, eating an Avocado is known to decrease the risk of diabetes, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Promotes Healthy Body weight and BMI: Avocado consumption is known to lower the risk of metabolic syndrome in people all over the world. It has been proven that people who consume avocados are known to have a lower body weight and BMI.
- Prevents Cancer: Avocados are a rich source of Phytochemicals which are known to prevent the development of certain cancers.
Login to Add Comment
Iron: Iron is one of the most integral minerals required by the body. Infants, teenage girls and pregnant women are most prone to suffer from Iron deficiency. Due to the deficiency of Iro
Yes, the motto has been changed from an apple a day to an olive a day. And, considering the nutritional properties of Olives, I am sure that you are going to incorporate it into your
Mango Fruit : Overview Mango is one fruit that is so tasty often termed as ‘The King of Fruits’ that people often forget about its benefits. Mango's are one of the richest sou
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss