Benefits of Avocado
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Avocados might be fatty, but that does not mean that they are bad for your health!
Did you know that Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse which has numerous health benefits! With its deep, creamy texture as well as rich taste, Avocados have emerged to be one of the major ingredients for many dishes. Avocados are rich in fat content and proteins.
So, what makes the fruit so good? Let us check out the major nutritional benefits of the fruit:
- Healthy Fats: Fats are known to account to almost three quarters of the calorie count in the fruit. Most of the fats are found in the monosaturated form and in the form of oleic acid. Monosaturated fats are considered good for the body and level out the presence of the bad cholesterol in the bloodstream. They also lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Proteins: Avocados contain around 4 grams of protein which is much more as compared to other fruits.
- Sugar: Avocado’s sugar content is lower as compared to the other fruits. Half an avocado contains around 0.2 gram of sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Avocados are an excellent source of potassium and are also rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C as well as Vitamin E.
- Fiber: A medium sized avocado contains approximately around 11 grams of fiber which is around half of the daily needed dosage.
Health Benefits of Avocado:
Apart from being a rich source of Protein, Vitamins and Fiber, there are many other major health benefits of Avocados. Take a look:
- Lowers the Cholesterol: Research has suggested that consuming avocados is known to lower the levels of bad cholesterol. Consuming an Avocado rich diet improves the lipid profile and decreases the level of bad cholesterol by almost 22%.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes, Stroke and Coronary Heart Disease: Avocados are known to improve the overall diet quality of the person and also reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome. So, eating an Avocado is known to decrease the risk of diabetes, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Promotes Healthy Body weight and BMI: Avocado consumption is known to lower the risk of metabolic syndrome in people all over the world. It has been proven that people who consume avocados are known to have a lower body weight and BMI.
- Prevents Cancer: Avocados are a rich source of Phytochemicals which are known to prevent the development of certain cancers.
Login to Add Comment
Today magazines, websites and blogs are full of advice onto eating better and maintaining a good diet form. The information is overwhelming as well as confusing at times. With so many food choices
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
There is a general myth that once a person turns eighteen, the growth of their bones stop permanently. Though there is a shard of truth in this myth, there is no doubt in the fact
Vitamin B3- Niacin : Overview Vitamin B3 which is commonly known as Niacin is required by the body for the maintenance of one’s general health. It is known to improve cholesterol le
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy