Best and Worst Drinks for Weight Loss
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 25 February 2015 - 11:43 pm IST
Most of us are very conscious about what we eat while we are on a diet, but we pay no heed to what we drink. That is one big rookie mistake. An average person tends to drink out one of their five daily calories. Choosing the right drink is going to tweak down your metabolism, curbs down your appetite and also helps you to cut down on the calories. Take a look at our best and worst drinks for weight loss.
- Soda: Yes, every time you open a bottle of soda, you are just drinking plain calories. Switching to diet soda is a simple way to cut calories, but research has suggested that it is only a short term benefit for your weight loss plan. Diet soda drinkers are only known to gain weight. If you are drinking more calories than you lose, diet soda is not going to do the trick.
- Energy Drinks: Energy drinks contain the same amount of calories as soda. They may have a few added nutrients, but if you are trying to lose weight and stay hydrated, we recommend you to stick with water rather than sports drinks.
- Fancy Coffee: Though this coffee may look wonderful and rather tempting with heavy cream, flavored syrups or whipped cream, they are full of fat and sugar. A cup of fancy coffee may have up to 570 calories, which may be more than you entire meal.
- Cocktails: A shot of hard liquor such as wine when mixed with soda contain around 715 calories. Go for a less fattening option such as mix rum or vodka along with diet soda.
- Water: It is always better to replace carbonated drinks with water which is going to help you cut down on hundreds of calories. Drinking two glasses of water before a meal is going to help you feel fuller faster. Drinking more water is also going to have a positive effect on your metabolism.
- Vegetable Juice: Vegetable juice is as nutritious as fruit juice. One cup of tomato juice contains 41 calories as compared to 122 calories in a cup of orange juice. Vegetable juices are also a rich source of fiber, which can help you to control your hunger as well.
- Low Fat Milk: Drinking calcium rich foods can do your body a lot of good and also helps you to lose weight. Research has suggested that drinking higher amounts of milk or consuming other dairy rich foods can help you to fight against weight loss. It is recommended to stick with skim or low fat drinks.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is one of the best choices if you are looking for a little boost in your diet. Not only it contains zero calories, it also helps to stimulate weight loss. Catechins in Green Tea can help you to benefit with the weight loss. It is recommended to drink green tea twice a day for best effects.
Login to Add Comment
Night time is the ideal time to go to sleep or snuggle in and watch movies with a huge bowl of popcorn. However, what if I tell you that there are some tips with which you can de b
You might have heard celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow suggest that guzzling hot water with lemon is the source to the fountain of youth! It is quite certain that warm water and lemon helps in we
In the traditional Ayurveda, the Charak Samhita describes right different kinds of bodies that are prone to diseases. Out of this, the body which suffers from obesity is the one which is afflicted
Papayas are refreshingly sweet in taste and are bright, pear shaped and exotic fruits which you can forage around easily in the market throughout the year. They contain within them hundreds of blac
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin