Best Foods to Eat During Your Period
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:29 am IST
Periods are no fun when they strike every month. Not only do they come with annoying symptoms, but also make you wolf down any food which you can spot nearby. Here are some of the best foods which you can eat while you are on your period:
- Leafy Green Veggies: Kale, Spinach, Lettuce, Broccoli and Cabbage can be your best friends while you are going through your period. These leafy vegetables are going to provide your body with the minerals such as Iron which are needed in abundance during those days. They are also packed with Fiber which helps you to keep hunger pangs at bay.
- Red Meat: Iron is again one of the major reasons why you should be consuming red meats. Every single serving of red meat is going to make sure that you are safe from iron deficiency anemia, which is caused due to excessive menstruation.
- Beans, Peas and Lentils: Legumes are again, one of the best sources of Iron. They are also a great source of proteins as they do not contain bad cholesterol which is there in red meat. These foods are also packed with fiber which promotes the regular bowel movement.
- Seafood: Seafood is a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids which can help to soothe the cramps away by promoting muscle relaxation. Some of the best sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids are Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, Mackerel and Herring. On the other hand, Lobsters, Shrimps, Oysters, Squid and Crabs are beneficial as well.
- Chocolates: This is no big secret that chocolate is good for enhancing the mood and can improve your condition during those four troublesome days. However, make sure that you consume it in moderation as it is a major source of sugar.
- Water: Though the last on the list, water is something which you can never miss out on. It helps to replace all the lost fluids during the menstrual days. Since it contains zero calories, it saves you from gaining weight and unlike coffee and colas; it does not contain caffeine, which causes the muscle cramps to worsen.
Login to Add Comment
Omega-3 fatty acid or n-3 fats, is perhaps the only fat that you should not shy away from! It is one of the most talked about fatty acid in the recent years and is essential for the body in more wa
Insomnia is very common condition which affects so many people all over the world. A lot of people are frustrated with the lack of sleep. Around 10% people all over the world have
Naegleria – Basic Overview Naegleria is a kind of rare and fatal brain infection which is caused due to an amoeba commonly found in lakes, rivers and hot water springs. Exposure to
Hepatitis B: Basic Overview Hepatitis B is a serious liver infection which is caused due to the Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). This infection often proves to be chronic, making it last for more
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Triple X Syndrome
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?