Best Foods to Eat During Your Period
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:29 am IST
Periods are no fun when they strike every month. Not only do they come with annoying symptoms, but also make you wolf down any food which you can spot nearby. Here are some of the best foods which you can eat while you are on your period:
- Leafy Green Veggies: Kale, Spinach, Lettuce, Broccoli and Cabbage can be your best friends while you are going through your period. These leafy vegetables are going to provide your body with the minerals such as Iron which are needed in abundance during those days. They are also packed with Fiber which helps you to keep hunger pangs at bay.
- Red Meat: Iron is again one of the major reasons why you should be consuming red meats. Every single serving of red meat is going to make sure that you are safe from iron deficiency anemia, which is caused due to excessive menstruation.
- Beans, Peas and Lentils: Legumes are again, one of the best sources of Iron. They are also a great source of proteins as they do not contain bad cholesterol which is there in red meat. These foods are also packed with fiber which promotes the regular bowel movement.
- Seafood: Seafood is a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids which can help to soothe the cramps away by promoting muscle relaxation. Some of the best sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids are Salmon, Tuna, Sardines, Mackerel and Herring. On the other hand, Lobsters, Shrimps, Oysters, Squid and Crabs are beneficial as well.
- Chocolates: This is no big secret that chocolate is good for enhancing the mood and can improve your condition during those four troublesome days. However, make sure that you consume it in moderation as it is a major source of sugar.
- Water: Though the last on the list, water is something which you can never miss out on. It helps to replace all the lost fluids during the menstrual days. Since it contains zero calories, it saves you from gaining weight and unlike coffee and colas; it does not contain caffeine, which causes the muscle cramps to worsen.
Login to Add Comment
HeatStroke - Overview Summers in India can be ruthless and quite intolerable. The cases of people suffering from Heatstroke tend to increase drastically with the overbearing temperature.
Pancreatic Cancer: Basic Overview Pancreatic Cancer starts with the tissues of the pancreas – an organ found in the abdomen behind the lower part of the stomach. The pancreas are re
Yes, the motto has been changed from an apple a day to an olive a day. And, considering the nutritional properties of Olives, I am sure that you are going to incorporate it into your
Breast Cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women all over the world. The possibility of every one in eight women of developing the cancer puts every woman under the sc
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Headaches and Migraines
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy