Biggest Face Washing Mistakes
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 2:17 pm IST
Washing your face may seem as the least complicated of all your beauty routine measures. However, were you aware of the fact that some common lathering habits can result in a variety of skin woes such as dryness, irritation, oiliness or acne breakouts. Here are some of the most common and biggest faces washing blunders to avoid:
- Picking the wrong product: You should be picking the right cleanser in order to remove the dirt, makeup and the grime off your face. However, the product should not be stripping off your skin the natural oils or the healthy cells. Find a product which is neither too gentle nor too harsh.
- Overdoing it: Washing your face once or twice a day is a good protocol to follow. However, any more number of times can lead to an overproduction of oil. If you are not wearing any makeup, sunscreen or don’t sweat too excessively, skip the cleanser at night and try washing your face with tepid water.
- Exfoliating too much: Exfoliation is a healthy practice in order to slough off all the dead skin cells. But moderation is the key to follow here. Cool it off when it comes to grainy exfoliates and stick to exfoliating two or three times a week at the most. Use your fingers in place of a washcloth in order to exfoliate and to prevent pulling or tugging off the skin.
- Not rinsing adequately: Skimping when it comes to rinsing can lead to the buildup of the residue over the skin which can clog your pores and can dry out the skin. It is recommended to rinse thoroughly. The jaw line, hairline and the nose are some of the most neglected spaces which should be rinsed off properly.
- Towel rubbing: It is always recommended to pat and not to rub. Though rubbing can feel really good, it can lead to the tugging off the skin and can put the elastin of your skin at risk. Use a clean and soft towel to blot down your face dry and clean.
- Moisturizing: In order to maximize the absorption and to seal in the moisture within the skin, it is recommended to apply the moisturizers immediately after cleansing while the skin is still damp. The same applies when it comes to serums. If you are waiting until your skin is dry in order to apply the moisturizer, it only makes your skin dry and will make it quite harder for the active ingredients to sink into your skin. It can also make your skin feel greasy and tacky.
- Fearing Oils: Oils are often considered to be the skin’s pore clogging agents. However, experts agree that all skin types can benefit from cleansing with oil, even the ones which are prone to blemishes. The right oils are known to clean off your pores from all the dirt and the bacteria. Look out for cleansing products which are rich in natural and plant based oils. You can also try using almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grape seed oil and sunflower oil for your skin. Simply massage the oil all over your face and then wipe it off with a washcloth soaked in warm water.
Login to Add Comment
Iron: Iron is one of the most integral minerals required by the body. Infants, teenage girls and pregnant women are most prone to suffer from Iron deficiency. Due to the deficiency of Iro
The warning signs and symptoms of a heart attack often go unnoticed by most people. Heart attacks can often be sudden and unannounced in some cases. However, in most cases, the condition develops o
Green Tea is popular all over the world owing to its various health benefits. It is known to protect against heart disease, diabetes, cancer, weight gain and even tooth decay. However, recent
Meditation has proved one of the most famous and beneficial forms of relaxation and learning to focus. However, there are a lot of misconceptions and myths which have been associated with meditatio
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon