Blackberries Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 4:18 pm IST
Blackberries are one of the most common forms of Berry which is found all over the world. The fruit contains of small drupelets which are arranged in a circular fashion. Every single drupelet further contains of a juicy pulp and a single tiny seed. The berry measures around 3-4 cms in length and contains around 80-100 drupelets.
Health benefits of Blackberries:
- Just like other types of Berries, Blackberries come packed with plant nutrients such as Vitamins, Minerals, Anti oxidants as well as dietary fibers which are needed by the body.
- Blackberries have low calorie content. Around 100 grams of Blackberries contain only 43 calories. Blackberries contain Xylitol, which is a low calorie substitute that helps to control the blood sugar levels.
- Blackberries also contain high amounts of Phenolic Flavonoid Phytochemicals such as Anthocyanins, Ellagic Acid and Tannin. These contain of antioxidant properties which are known to fight against cancer, aging, inflammation as well as neurological diseases.
- Blackberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C which works as a powerful natural antioxidant. Vitamin C works towards developing the resistance against infectious agents, counter balances inflammation and fights against harmful free radicals which are formed in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries carry along good levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. They are also rich in their antioxidant content with antioxidants such as Lutein, Zea Xanthin as well as Beta Carotene. These compounds fight against free radicals and help to prevent aging and other degenerative diseases.
- Blackberries are known to have an ORAC Value of about 5347 TE per 100 grams.
- Blackberries contain a good amount of minerals such as Potassium, Manganese, Copper and Magnesium. Copper is very crucial for bone metabolism and in the production of WBC’s and RBC’s in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries also contain moderate amounts of B Complex Vitamins. These include Pyridoxine, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin as well as folic acid. These vitamins work together as co factors for the enzymes and help to metabolize the carbohydrates, proteins as well as fats.
Login to Add Comment
Zinc Zinc, through not so well known, happens to be one of the most important mineral that our body needs. It goes out to help in the protein and carbohydrate metabolism as well as helps
Derived from research studies all over the world, here are some additions and subtractions for a healthier lifestyle. Additions: Whole Wheat
To gain naturally beautiful skin, you need not go far. Your very own kitchen is a hidden storehouse of natural products which can enhance your skin’s glow and can provide you with clean and b
Broccoli Broccoli – the vegetable which is not only loaded with all the essential nutrients but is also known widely because of its therapeutic properties. Broccoli c
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects