Blackberries Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 4:18 pm IST
Blackberries are one of the most common forms of Berry which is found all over the world. The fruit contains of small drupelets which are arranged in a circular fashion. Every single drupelet further contains of a juicy pulp and a single tiny seed. The berry measures around 3-4 cms in length and contains around 80-100 drupelets.
Health benefits of Blackberries:
- Just like other types of Berries, Blackberries come packed with plant nutrients such as Vitamins, Minerals, Anti oxidants as well as dietary fibers which are needed by the body.
- Blackberries have low calorie content. Around 100 grams of Blackberries contain only 43 calories. Blackberries contain Xylitol, which is a low calorie substitute that helps to control the blood sugar levels.
- Blackberries also contain high amounts of Phenolic Flavonoid Phytochemicals such as Anthocyanins, Ellagic Acid and Tannin. These contain of antioxidant properties which are known to fight against cancer, aging, inflammation as well as neurological diseases.
- Blackberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C which works as a powerful natural antioxidant. Vitamin C works towards developing the resistance against infectious agents, counter balances inflammation and fights against harmful free radicals which are formed in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries carry along good levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. They are also rich in their antioxidant content with antioxidants such as Lutein, Zea Xanthin as well as Beta Carotene. These compounds fight against free radicals and help to prevent aging and other degenerative diseases.
- Blackberries are known to have an ORAC Value of about 5347 TE per 100 grams.
- Blackberries contain a good amount of minerals such as Potassium, Manganese, Copper and Magnesium. Copper is very crucial for bone metabolism and in the production of WBC’s and RBC’s in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries also contain moderate amounts of B Complex Vitamins. These include Pyridoxine, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin as well as folic acid. These vitamins work together as co factors for the enzymes and help to metabolize the carbohydrates, proteins as well as fats.
Login to Add Comment
Every year around half a million people die of cancer in India. And the numbers are rising at an alarming rate. There are around 200 different types of cancer, but the most common ones in India are
Have an important event and found a zit on your face? Well, that’s nothing less than a nightmare! They pop up overnight and refuse to go away easily. Not to mention the unsightly marks they l
Today magazines, websites and blogs are full of advice onto eating better and maintaining a good diet form. The information is overwhelming as well as confusing at times. With so many food choices
The ancient Indian adage, ‘You are what you eat’ is entirely true. The more junk you consume, the more depressed you are going to be! If you are looking for eve
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Headaches and Migraines
Eating rice won't make you fat
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin