Blackberries Health Benefits
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 4:18 pm IST
Blackberries are one of the most common forms of Berry which is found all over the world. The fruit contains of small drupelets which are arranged in a circular fashion. Every single drupelet further contains of a juicy pulp and a single tiny seed. The berry measures around 3-4 cms in length and contains around 80-100 drupelets.
Health benefits of Blackberries:
- Just like other types of Berries, Blackberries come packed with plant nutrients such as Vitamins, Minerals, Anti oxidants as well as dietary fibers which are needed by the body.
- Blackberries have low calorie content. Around 100 grams of Blackberries contain only 43 calories. Blackberries contain Xylitol, which is a low calorie substitute that helps to control the blood sugar levels.
- Blackberries also contain high amounts of Phenolic Flavonoid Phytochemicals such as Anthocyanins, Ellagic Acid and Tannin. These contain of antioxidant properties which are known to fight against cancer, aging, inflammation as well as neurological diseases.
- Blackberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C which works as a powerful natural antioxidant. Vitamin C works towards developing the resistance against infectious agents, counter balances inflammation and fights against harmful free radicals which are formed in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries carry along good levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. They are also rich in their antioxidant content with antioxidants such as Lutein, Zea Xanthin as well as Beta Carotene. These compounds fight against free radicals and help to prevent aging and other degenerative diseases.
- Blackberries are known to have an ORAC Value of about 5347 TE per 100 grams.
- Blackberries contain a good amount of minerals such as Potassium, Manganese, Copper and Magnesium. Copper is very crucial for bone metabolism and in the production of WBC’s and RBC’s in the bloodstream.
- Blackberries also contain moderate amounts of B Complex Vitamins. These include Pyridoxine, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin as well as folic acid. These vitamins work together as co factors for the enzymes and help to metabolize the carbohydrates, proteins as well as fats.
Login to Add Comment
Sodium: Sodium is one of the major components of our everyday diet. Table salt (Sodium Chloride) is the major source of Sodium for humans. This mineral is known to control the blood press
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger! Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting
Apple : The Healthiest Food An old Welsh proverb goes by ‘An Apple a day keeps the doctors away’. We are all familiar with this proverb, but what is it that mak
Cauliflower – Amazing Health Benefits It is a very commonly known fact that the fruits and vegetables which
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Triple X Syndrome
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits