Busting Common Pet Food Myths
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:48 pm IST
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked.
- Preparing their food yourself is better for them: A recent poll has suggested that it is not always recommended that people should prepare home cooked meals for their pets. This is because pet nutrition is very complicated and is unique for every species and animals. Commercial pet foods are tested and they should be recommended.
- Store Brought food makes your pet fart: Feeding your pet foods such as soybean, peas, beans, milk products and spicy food often causes intolerance. Dairy products are a major problem as adult’s dogs and cats are often lactose intolerance.
- Natural and Organic food is the same: Organic foods are often a subgroup to the natural food. This means that all organic foods are natural, but all natural foods are not organic. If your pet food is labeled as natural, it cannot contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or fats. However, this does not mean that it is unprocessed or unrefined.
- It’s okay for your pet to get drunk: Depending upon the amount of alcohol which is being taken in by your pet, it can cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, coma, breathing problems or even death,
- Sugar is the worst for your pet: While it is common known fact that sugar is not good for your pet, sweetener is even worst! Xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener used in many products such as mouthwash, chewing gums, toothpaste or in various foods, is known to be greatly toxic for your pets.
Login to Add Comment
Dogs age, just like people do. Many problems tend to rise when dogs’ age and all these issues should be addressed properly. Dealing with canine issues in a proper way is the best way to creat
Ear Injuries in dogs can occur due to a number of ways. Here are some of the major guidelines for injuries which are caused due to the objects which have been stuck in the ear or from the violent h
Allergies are not fun for anyone. If they are not any fun for you, they aren’t for your dog as well. Food allergies and intolerance is caused due to a reaction to one particular ingredient in
When your pet plays outside during the day, the chances are immense for the fleas to hop onto his skin and coat and to hitch a ride right into your home. Once your pet carries the fleas into your h
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc