Busting Common Pet Food Myths
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:48 pm IST
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked.
- Preparing their food yourself is better for them: A recent poll has suggested that it is not always recommended that people should prepare home cooked meals for their pets. This is because pet nutrition is very complicated and is unique for every species and animals. Commercial pet foods are tested and they should be recommended.
- Store Brought food makes your pet fart: Feeding your pet foods such as soybean, peas, beans, milk products and spicy food often causes intolerance. Dairy products are a major problem as adult’s dogs and cats are often lactose intolerance.
- Natural and Organic food is the same: Organic foods are often a subgroup to the natural food. This means that all organic foods are natural, but all natural foods are not organic. If your pet food is labeled as natural, it cannot contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or fats. However, this does not mean that it is unprocessed or unrefined.
- It’s okay for your pet to get drunk: Depending upon the amount of alcohol which is being taken in by your pet, it can cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, coma, breathing problems or even death,
- Sugar is the worst for your pet: While it is common known fact that sugar is not good for your pet, sweetener is even worst! Xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener used in many products such as mouthwash, chewing gums, toothpaste or in various foods, is known to be greatly toxic for your pets.
Login to Add Comment
Ear Injuries in dogs can occur due to a number of ways. Here are some of the major guidelines for injuries which are caused due to the objects which have been stuck in the ear or from the violent h
Despite the thick fur, low temperatures can cause the dog to lose its body temperature. This leads to hypothermia. If this is sustained, the lower body temperature can lead to severe complications
Sometimes when your dog is going through the effects of being under the weather, the signs will be crystal clear. However, in most cases the symptoms tend to be subtle and overlooked. Here are some
Cats and Purring go hand in hand. Cat owners are known to associate purring with contentment, comfort and security. For many pet owners, purring is a sign that their feline friend is happy and heal
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll