Busting Common Pet Food Myths
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:48 pm IST
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked.
- Preparing their food yourself is better for them: A recent poll has suggested that it is not always recommended that people should prepare home cooked meals for their pets. This is because pet nutrition is very complicated and is unique for every species and animals. Commercial pet foods are tested and they should be recommended.
- Store Brought food makes your pet fart: Feeding your pet foods such as soybean, peas, beans, milk products and spicy food often causes intolerance. Dairy products are a major problem as adult’s dogs and cats are often lactose intolerance.
- Natural and Organic food is the same: Organic foods are often a subgroup to the natural food. This means that all organic foods are natural, but all natural foods are not organic. If your pet food is labeled as natural, it cannot contain artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or fats. However, this does not mean that it is unprocessed or unrefined.
- It’s okay for your pet to get drunk: Depending upon the amount of alcohol which is being taken in by your pet, it can cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, coma, breathing problems or even death,
- Sugar is the worst for your pet: While it is common known fact that sugar is not good for your pet, sweetener is even worst! Xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener used in many products such as mouthwash, chewing gums, toothpaste or in various foods, is known to be greatly toxic for your pets.
Login to Add Comment
There is no doubt about the fact that Dogs are some of the most friendly and playful animals. However, a survey has recently suggested that on an average all ov
Sure your dinner smells amazing to you and it smells the same to your pet. However, how do you stop the begging habit of your dog? It is very common for pets to beg for food around the dinner table
According to a recent survey, it has been found that around 10% of the total dogs all over the world are suffering from obesity. If you are unsure whether your dog is suffering from obesity, here a
Pet Sterilization or Neutering is something which is recommended by Vets all over the world. And, this is not only to decrease the chances of interbreeding or inbreeding, but is also to prevent you
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Triple X Syndrome
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Headaches and Migraines
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin