Carcinogens at your Home!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 03 January 2015 - 3:14 am IST
If you think that you are keeping your home and family safe by staying indoors and eating healthy, then you should think twice!
Carcinogens are the substances which have the tendency of causing Cancer in humans and animals alike. These substances are known to trigger or promote the occurrence of Cancer. The capability of this substance differs based on the exposure as well as the genetic makeup of the person. Take a look at the top five possible Carcinogens which are residing in your home and could be dangerous for your family!
- Shampoo: Yes, Shampoos contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which contains foam building properties. This is a toxic substance which is listed as a carcinogen based upon the testing conducted by DEA. This product is used in the shampoo to thicken the product and to produce foam.
- Air Fresheners: EPA has listed out that there is a reaction between the fragrance molecules which are found in Air Fresheners as well as Formaldehyde, which is a well known Carcinogen. Found in the aerosol form, these products are known to be multiplied due to the micro particles.
- Wall Paint: Certain Volatile Organic Compounds that are found in the wall paint are well known Carcinogens. The effect of these compounds can continue years after the painting has been done as they are released slowly in the air. This is one of the major reasons why some of the mainstream paint brands now come with the VOC free option.
- Mothballs: Mothballs are made from Naphthalene which is a well known Carcinogen. A recent study has found that chemical compounds found in Mothballs are known to cause cancer as they block down the normal process of the cell death in humans.
- Flea Preventing Products: While Fleas and Ticks are very common in homes that have a pet, these products can be very harmful. Certain oils such as Tea Tree oil are very toxic for pets. The basic ingredients of the products are known to be linked to having very serious effects on both humans as well as animals.
Login to Add Comment
It takes people years and even an entire lifetime to figure out what they need to do and what makes them happy. Some people are successful in figuring it out, while some are not. H
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
More and more people are working from home these days. However, research from two major British Universities have shown that people who work from home are at least as prone to stress as the other r
Patients who are struggling with a chronic kidney disease and consume meat rich and highly acidic diet on a regular basis are only giving a boost to their already prevalent disease. According to th
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Triple X Syndrome
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Headaches and Migraines
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin