Carcinogens at your Home!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 03 January 2015 - 3:14 am IST
If you think that you are keeping your home and family safe by staying indoors and eating healthy, then you should think twice!
Carcinogens are the substances which have the tendency of causing Cancer in humans and animals alike. These substances are known to trigger or promote the occurrence of Cancer. The capability of this substance differs based on the exposure as well as the genetic makeup of the person. Take a look at the top five possible Carcinogens which are residing in your home and could be dangerous for your family!
- Shampoo: Yes, Shampoos contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which contains foam building properties. This is a toxic substance which is listed as a carcinogen based upon the testing conducted by DEA. This product is used in the shampoo to thicken the product and to produce foam.
- Air Fresheners: EPA has listed out that there is a reaction between the fragrance molecules which are found in Air Fresheners as well as Formaldehyde, which is a well known Carcinogen. Found in the aerosol form, these products are known to be multiplied due to the micro particles.
- Wall Paint: Certain Volatile Organic Compounds that are found in the wall paint are well known Carcinogens. The effect of these compounds can continue years after the painting has been done as they are released slowly in the air. This is one of the major reasons why some of the mainstream paint brands now come with the VOC free option.
- Mothballs: Mothballs are made from Naphthalene which is a well known Carcinogen. A recent study has found that chemical compounds found in Mothballs are known to cause cancer as they block down the normal process of the cell death in humans.
- Flea Preventing Products: While Fleas and Ticks are very common in homes that have a pet, these products can be very harmful. Certain oils such as Tea Tree oil are very toxic for pets. The basic ingredients of the products are known to be linked to having very serious effects on both humans as well as animals.
Login to Add Comment
Knee Bursitis: Knee Bursitis is a condition which causes inflammation of the bursa around the knee joint. A Bursa is a small fluid filled sac which helps to reduce the friction and helps
Vitamin B1 : Overview Vitamin B1, which is also known commonly as Thiamin, is known as a kind of B- complex vitamin. Commonly, Vitamin B1 is found in all variety of foods in adequate amou
A few months ago, my life was going wonderfully well. I had a great job working at one of the biggest multinationals, my salary was a whooping six figure and I had a great educatio
In one of the recent surveys conducted by Microsoft, it was found that around 73% of the respondents name that their keyboards and their mouse were the things that they touched the most throughout
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Triple X Syndrome
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Headaches and Migraines
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads