Carcinogens at your Home!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 03 January 2015 - 3:14 am IST
If you think that you are keeping your home and family safe by staying indoors and eating healthy, then you should think twice!
Carcinogens are the substances which have the tendency of causing Cancer in humans and animals alike. These substances are known to trigger or promote the occurrence of Cancer. The capability of this substance differs based on the exposure as well as the genetic makeup of the person. Take a look at the top five possible Carcinogens which are residing in your home and could be dangerous for your family!
- Shampoo: Yes, Shampoos contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which contains foam building properties. This is a toxic substance which is listed as a carcinogen based upon the testing conducted by DEA. This product is used in the shampoo to thicken the product and to produce foam.
- Air Fresheners: EPA has listed out that there is a reaction between the fragrance molecules which are found in Air Fresheners as well as Formaldehyde, which is a well known Carcinogen. Found in the aerosol form, these products are known to be multiplied due to the micro particles.
- Wall Paint: Certain Volatile Organic Compounds that are found in the wall paint are well known Carcinogens. The effect of these compounds can continue years after the painting has been done as they are released slowly in the air. This is one of the major reasons why some of the mainstream paint brands now come with the VOC free option.
- Mothballs: Mothballs are made from Naphthalene which is a well known Carcinogen. A recent study has found that chemical compounds found in Mothballs are known to cause cancer as they block down the normal process of the cell death in humans.
- Flea Preventing Products: While Fleas and Ticks are very common in homes that have a pet, these products can be very harmful. Certain oils such as Tea Tree oil are very toxic for pets. The basic ingredients of the products are known to be linked to having very serious effects on both humans as well as animals.
Login to Add Comment
Your hair defines you. Hair is one asset that can make or break our confidence. That is why when we notice the first signs of grey hair, we start feeling old and less attractive. How
The festive season is upon us and with the endless parties we have to attend, if you must go, you must go gorgeous! Take a look at our top quick and inexpensive beauty tricks in orde
Hormone based birth control pills are the most common contraceptives used all over the world. However, the side effects of these pills can range either from slightly annoying ones to bad ones which
Do you remember your marriage vows, ‘ For better or for worse, in sickness and in health’? Well, when you were taking those vows, they were not just for fun! Every married couple goes t
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka