Choicest Winter Spices
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:25 am IST
Winters are upon us and this is the best time of the year to load up on our favorite spices and herbs to combat the cold. So, take a look at the top spices which you should be consuming this winter season:
- Cinnamon: This spice is famous because of its bittersweet taste and is often used in cakes and curries. A dash of the spice can also be added to your coffee to flavor it. The spice is known to boost the immune system and controls the blood sugar level.
- Cardamom: This spice is very commonly used in Indian sweets. The spice comes in green and brown variety and can also be used while cooking rice.
- Ginger: Don’t even get me started on the goodness of Ginger. The herb is perfect for stomach aches, helps in the digestion and cures cough. Taken during the winter season, the herb is known to fortify your digestive system. So, load up the ginger in your tea and soups.
- Peppercorn: Whole peppercorns can be easily added to soups and stews to enhance their flavor. The ground form of the same can be sprinkled all over the salads, meats and pasta. The spice is known to help with the common cold, digestion, cough, constipation as well as anemia.
- Cloves: Cloves are known to be the medical miracle for people suffering from coughing fit. Cloves can be easily added to the rice preparation and curies to enhance their overall taste.
- Cumin: Cumin is a great spice which can be added to soups, gravies and most of the Indian dishes. It is known to aid with the digestion, improves the immunity of the body and also helps to clear out certain respiratory disorders.
- Bay Leaves: Bay leaves are known for their woody flavor and can be used in curries, stews as well as rice preparations. Though they are often sold in dry form, they can also be picked fresh before adding to the food. Bay Leaves are popular for their anti inflammatory properties and anti bacterial advantages. They are known to alleviate digestive disorders such as acid reflux and constipation.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg is a common ingredient in Italian cuisines and has numerous health benefits. It is known to relieve the pains, aids in the digestion and helps you to sleep well.
Login to Add Comment
Welcome autumn! The seasons of mist and fruitful mellowness! However, fall has something more which it has got to offer to you. It brings along with a list of super foods which not
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying whic
With the change in the weather, the changes in our health are evident as well. Winters can often be very cruel for women. Changes can range from physical to psychological and can aff
Most people wonder as to why their noses start acting up during the winter season. The simplest of things such as sleeping or blowing out their nose can lead to the gushing of blood during winters.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Eating rice won't make you fat